Massachusetts-Boston

florist budget

Help! What is the recommended percentage to spend on a florist? And does this amount of $$ include decorations as well, or is that something that we do in addition to the florist? gahh so much to learn about wedding planning! 

Re: florist budget

• It's really up to you what you want to spend.  Think of some flowers you would like, estimate the number of tables you have, bouquets needed, bouts needed, etc and get some quotes from some florists.  
  • I agree with PP--the cost will vary with how much you want.  I've seen quotes averaging around $1,500-$2,000.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I think we are about 1800. I was quoted 2400 by another florist though. Shop around. If you're near Attleboro try flowers by the station bc they will work with your budget and they do amazing work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EyejewelEyejewel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Definately # in bridal party, number of tables and type of flowers are your biggest factors in estimating. Id say $1400-$2000 general estimate of what people get quoted. Decide how important they are too you. I found my venue set the budget in motion for what else to allocate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agree with PPs - it all depends on what's important to you. I don't really care for flowers that much, so we are doing non-floral centerpieces, that way we can use that extra money on some upgrades.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For what it's worth, mine were just under $900.  We had 8 centerpieces (hydrangeas and white roses), my bouquet, my MOH bouquet, 2 bouts, and 2 corsages.  The bouquets and bouts were callalillies.  
  • Really do your research (especially in the Boston area) depending on what you are looking for.  I am paying $1500 for ceremony flowers, and likely would have spent another $800-$1200 on centerpieces.   I made the decision to do my own centerpieces based on budget etc.  

While I'd highly recommend my florist, I do think you could get more bang for your buck in terms of what cost includes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards