Massachusetts-Boston

Hair and Makeup in Gloucester/Rockport Area

Hi there -- I am getting married in July in Gloucester and in need of recommendations for hair and makeup.  We love the area and visit often, but actually live 1 hour south so I am not super familiar with the salon options.  Any help is much appreciated!

Re: Hair and Makeup in Gloucester/Rockport Area

• Hi, I got married at the cruiseport in gloucester and had my hair and makeup done in peabody / danvers area. Hair was done at Giogi Salon in Danvers with Shannah and makeup was done at Green Tangerine Spa & Salon in Peabody with Sarah and Isabel. Both salons did an amazing job and I'd highly recommend. I can show you pictures if you'd like just send me a message. Julie
  • I'm using the aveda salon in Beverly, their rates are pretty good...

Ashley

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_hair-and-makeup-in-gloucesterrockport-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:471821af-ada4-49e9-bd55-aa68336f6adePost:fe9e2a63-b32b-4d16-87b8-758b3d835a8a">Hair and Makeup in Gloucester/Rockport Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there -- I am getting married in July in Gloucester and in need of recommendations for hair and makeup.  We love the area and visit often, but actually live 1 hour south so I am not super familiar with the salon options.  Any help is much appreciated!
    Posted by Maureenk3[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks for the recommendations!!
  • Hey there!  Congrats on your wedding.  Saw you were getting married in Gloucester.  I am too, but a year from now.  What did you do about hotel accomodations?  Having a tough time finding a place that will block rooms and not be a 2 night minimum.  Thanks so much in advance!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_hair-and-makeup-in-gloucesterrockport-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:471821af-ada4-49e9-bd55-aa68336f6adePost:fe9e2a63-b32b-4d16-87b8-758b3d835a8a">Hair and Makeup in Gloucester/Rockport Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there -- I am getting married in July in Gloucester and in need of recommendations for hair and makeup.  We love the area and visit often, but actually live 1 hour south so I am not super familiar with the salon options.  Any help is much appreciated!
    Posted by Maureenk3[/QUOTE]
  • I'm using Liz fuller from Makeup Artistry, Inc.  She travels all over the place and I don't think she charges a fee.  I've used her before for stuff.  SHe's so great!  Not sure what her number is but i think you can find her online.
  • Maureenk3Maureenk3 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    That was a toughie since there aren't any very large hotels in the area.  The Rockport Inn and Suites was recommended to us as a place that does allow room blocks for weddings, but we got there too late and no blocks were available (we're getting married 4th of July weekend).  If you are interested, I would recommend going there now!  Don't wait.  Fortunately, we were able to block off rooms at the Ocean View (on Atlantic near Good Harbor Beach), which doesn't seem to be as nice as the Rockport Inn and Suites, but the rates were more reasonable, is very close to our venue (the Elks) and was the only other hotel in the area that seem to do room blocks. There are a number of hotels on that road.  So in addition to the block, we recommended that guests check out those.  You can see a full list of our recommendations on our website here <a href="http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding/UserViewWebsitePage?themeCode=15072&wid=0bbcbdde1f1f73c2&pid=e0dd142e7f4e998f" rel="nofollow">http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding/UserViewWebsitePage?themeCode=15072&wid=0bbcbdde1f1f73c2&pid=e0dd142e7f4e998f</a>

If you didn't mind having your guest travel (we wanted to avoid this), you might try the Wylie Conference Center in Beveryly, but this would seem to require some kind of shuttle to ensure that everyone got to and from safely and a 20 to 30 min ride for guests.  Hope that helps, good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_hair-and-makeup-in-gloucesterrockport-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:471821af-ada4-49e9-bd55-aa68336f6adePost:302ec86f-2ebb-4af8-9232-b7032db4bc79">Re: Hair and Makeup in Gloucester/Rockport Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey there!  Congrats on your wedding.  Saw you were getting married in Gloucester.  I am too, but a year from now.  What did you do about hotel accomodations?  Having a tough time finding a place that will block rooms and not be a 2 night minimum.  Thanks so much in advance! In Response to Hair and Makeup in Gloucester/Rockport Area :
    Posted by JoJoStarr3[/QUOTE]
  • I just booked a trial with Liz Fuller based on a lot of the reviews on the knot.  She even gave me names of past brides to call.  i called a few-all were thrilled with the job she did.  One girl had 10 girls in her wedding party, including herself, and i think she said her mom too.  she said Liz did a great job budgeting time and really had the application down to a science. She said even with so many bridesmaids and the time in between application and the wedding and the reception, all of the makeup on the girls stayed on and looked fresh.  I'll report back in a few weeks!
  • We have a block at the Rockport Inn and Suites and they have been awesome!! We are getting married on Fiesta weekend in Gloucester so no other hotels would give us anything other than a 3 night minimum.  We were also able to rent out their downstairs area for an after-party, which should be really fun.  They let us block 40 rooms for Friday and Saturday (no charge) and then guests could book either both nights or just one.  
  • Hi Ladies!
     For those of you who got married in Gloucester, where did you do your rehearsal dinner?  Thanks so so much! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards