Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Hair Extensions - Salon Suggestions?

Hi,

Does anyone on this board have any recommendations for a Boston salon or metrowest area salon that does hair extensions. I don't want to use the clip-on ones. I've tried them and I'm not crazy about the texture - I also think it would be fun to have long hair for the honeymoon :) 

Unless a miracle occurs and my hair grows 6 inches in 5 months I think extensions are my only option.... I know your hair is supposed to grow an inch a month - my hair didn't get that memo!

If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hair Extensions - Salon Suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I get hair extensions all the time due to the thinness of my hair and have found a wonderful place. They look incredible, I don't feel them, and I haven't had any damage to my own hair from them (which I was very concerned about due to the thinness).

I go to Cassandra Salon in Nashua, Sara Duquette is the hair extension guru over there. She books up quick so if you are interested I would contact her soon (I always have to book multiple appointments to make sure I get the time I want).

Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blush in Arlington on Mass Ave. Kate, the owner, does them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Caitlin Murphy...I'm probably having them done this week, so I'll let you know how it goes!
  • Options
    MDT082010MDT082010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

EKobrenski - Let me know how you like them -

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just out of curiosity, since I am interested in getting extensions myself, what does the cost of hair extensions typically run?
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Salon Noelle in Malden and they were extremely knowledgable.  I ended up going with real hair clip on extensions and they were awesome!  But they do TONS of extensions.  My clip on hair extensions were $450.  I think they quoted me around $1200 if I want the real extensions.

Good Luck!

Gina
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I pay about $800 for a full set every 4 months, yes it's expensive but it makes me feel 100% better about myself so it's worth it to me <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    MDT082010MDT082010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Snoangel79 - Have you had any problems with your hair being damaged or really itchy? My hair is thin (damaged from coloring my hair) - I think the best option is for me to go for a consult...

This is a bad example, but I remember when Britney Spears shaved her head - she said it was because of her extensions....I am worried after spending almost $1,000 I'm going to want to rip them out of my head :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did extensions a while back and hated them and was very cautious about trying them again. I found Sarah through my massage therapist who highly recommended her (she does do a consult).
    Sometimes my head gets a little itchy from them but that is from the shedding hairs that are still in the bond, Sarah does clean up cuts, which other places don't usually do, and that releases the dead hair from the bond and it actually feels like you just got them. She went to New York recently and worked on the America's Next Top Models which I thought was kinda cool. I have done two removals and my hair is not damaged, it actually has grown like a weed with the extensions in. She works with a lot of people with thinner hair for medical reasons and just people who have thinner hair.
    I'm honestly thrilled with them and will continue to do them as long as my wallet allows <: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    salon karma, tewksbury ma
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards