New York-Hudson Valley

Mother/son song ideas?

I looked everywhere and see old songs for mother and son dances. I am looking for something more recent. ANy help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Mother/son song ideas?

• edited December 2011
    DH danced with his mom to Biggest Fan by Backstreet Boys. I have also seen Momma by Boyz II Men.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Is this for you and your son or your FMIL and her son?

If it's for you and your son, check with your DJ, he may be able to give you ideas.

If it's for your FMIL and her son, unless she has specifically requested for you to find a song, I would just let her pick out whatever she wants.  She may want to go the more traditional route.
    My MIL had planned to use 'A Song for my son'
  • edited December 2011
    My Wish by Rascal Flatts.  So perfect, my husband and his mother danced to it, makes me cry everytime I hear it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My DH picked a country song too and the name is escaping me right now!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_motherson-song-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:dd0f0262-58b8-4d18-93f4-2a0268de7573Post:69754ba0-7215-478b-96e6-64d76a93974d">Re: Mother/son song ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Wish by Rascal Flatts.  So perfect, my husband and his mother danced to it, makes me cry everytime I hear it. 
    Posted by startinganew[/QUOTE]

H and his mom used this one also, I thought it was perfect.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is having the same issue..he can't pick a SONG..he says they're all TOO sappy!
    ~a~
  • edited December 2011
    My FI wants to dance to a version of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man with his mom. Not sure if it's going to happen, but we'll see. I'm not sure that the tune is totally appropriate, but the lyrics are. A couple of artists have covered this song.
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH picked some italian song La Mama, I assume it was beautiful but I dont speak Italian lol 

• XcoliebearxXcoliebearx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_motherson-song-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:dd0f0262-58b8-4d18-93f4-2a0268de7573Post:622d6972-fe66-42c9-b222-e6237c13ae6d">Re: Mother/son song ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI wants to dance to a version of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man with his mom. Not sure if it's going to happen, but we'll see. I'm not sure that the tune is totally appropriate, but the lyrics are. A couple of artists have covered this song.
    Posted by Shari16[/QUOTE]

My cousin just got married and her husband danced to this song with his mother. It was really nice. :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_motherson-song-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:dd0f0262-58b8-4d18-93f4-2a0268de7573Post:e21d6056-1841-42b7-9be3-08847b66097a">Re: Mother/son song ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mother/son song ideas? : <strong>My cousin just got married and her husband danced to this song with his mother. It was really nice</strong>. :)
    Posted by Xcoliebearx[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I will be sure to pass that along to Matt! He's seriously considering that one.
  • edited December 2011
    Taylor Hicks - do i make you proud

garth brooks - your song
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards