New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Ok so I feel stupid asking this question...

How many dress fittings does one go for?  If I'm getting married the beginning of May when should I go for my first fitting? ... When should the last one be?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ok so I feel stupid asking this question...

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how much work the dress needs. I tried on my dress not long after it came into the salon to make sure everything was ok. The seamstress looked at it then and knew I would only need a bustle and cups sewn in, so I went back about a month before the wedding to figure out what type of bustle I wanted, and they pinned the cups in then.
    When the bustle was done I tried it on again and we realized the bustle was crooked (it was 11 points and two of the points were off), so the lady fixed it and I tried it on one last time 3 days or so before the wedding.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just tied my dress on yesterday when I did my hair trial. I made my first fitting appt before I left for 4/1, and I am getting married on 5/6.
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I had three....it was three or four with the last one to check the bustle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried it on when it firist came in to make sure it was right.  My wedding date was October.  My first fitting was august, sencond was september and final was a week or 2 before the date.
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! I thought it was too soon to try it on but I guess it's better to err on the side of caution. I'll try it on and then it gets shipped across the street to the seamstress.  Fingers crossed I'm calling today to make my appt.

Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would ask the store when they think you should start.  I believe I started about a month and a half before.  I had about 4 fittings because my dress was asymmetrical and harder to make sure the bustle was correct. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards