Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Dressmaker in Boston area?

My mom gave me her grandmothers satin wedding gown (which is beautiful, but tiny!) to use for fabric to make my dress. Needless to say I am not going to let just anyone cut into it! Does anyone have any recommendations on amazing dress makers in or around the Boston area to make a custom gown? Thanks!

Re: Dressmaker in Boston area?

• Options
    My first thought would be Sondra Celli.  She had a show on TLC called something similar to Bring on the Bling.
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HUGE recommendations to Michael of Boston on the South Shore.  

Michael did alterations for both my best friend's wedding gown and my own.  

He's absolutely fabulous and also does a lot of custom gown work.  I've seen some of his original work and it's really lovely.  He has an unmatched eye for what will look good on a woman's body.  I also know he has experience with altering an old wedding gown into something new!

A couple of notes:  

Michael himself is quirky.  Be prepared when you go in that he won't "seem" like your typical dress maker.   However, the quality of his work is excellent.   

He also tends to work slowly.   I didn't have my dress in hand finished and steamed until 2 days before, but it was well worth the wait!

I found his prices to be very reasonable.  He did some extensive work on my gown and the alterations came to about $300.   

Feel free to PM me for more info!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Mariaa Sabella Couture: http://sabellacouture.com/
    She makes amazing gowns and is super friendly and great at staying within budget. Shes making mine and I can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards