New York-Hudson Valley
Options

New to the area

Hello all,

My fiance and I just moved to the area a few months back while I finish my Master's degree. Since we're from NJ but currently live in Albany, we are currentlyl looking for a venue in the Hudson Valley region. We are looking for a place that is around $80-$85 a head ( before taxes & fees) that also offers a ceremony site. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

With thanks!! xoxo

Re: New to the area

• Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the doubletree hotel in tarrytown has a ceremony site outside with a really nice gazebo and a really awesome indor space that was recently renovated. it includes the cake price and is within your budget
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Patriot Hills in Stony Point is beautiful and around that price range. Its in Stony Point, Rockland County. There is also Colonial Inn in Old Tappan, NJ which is also beautiful and in that range!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at www.latriestina.net . It is a restaurant with excellent food and they have ceremony location as you can see on the site and a big tent which holds up to 300 people.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you looking?

The whole Hudson Valley or more the Poughkeepsie area?  (which would be central between Albany and New Jersey)
  • Options
    hopeful523hopeful523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JSweetieXO, vienna1121 & nybride10 : Thank you for the suggestions, I'll go look into them now =)

@TerriandJoe: Anywhere between Albany and NJ would be ideal for us. We're on a tight budget so the ability to search around is working in out benefit. Any suggestions would be great!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    the mansion at colonial terrace is perfect for you.  within your price range and very different location
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_new-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:e05a61f3-2985-4940-bd71-bb88af9b664dPost:d6c996b0-7bc9-4ffb-888d-107f242746be">Re: New to the area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Patriot Hills in Stony Point is beautiful and around that price range. Its in Stony Point, Rockland County. <strong>There is also Colonial Inn in Old Tappan, NJ which is also beautiful and in that range!</strong>
    Posted by nybride10[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is one of the first places we looked at. It's a nice place and definitely in that price range. Also the manager we spoke with was very friendly and helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This is what I posted a few months back for someone who was looking to stay in the around $100pp range:

Here are some places in Dutchess: The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel*, Christos, The Links in Lagrangeville, Villa Borghese, Arbor Ridge, Fishkill Holiday Inn, Dutchess Manor.

In Putnam: Putnam National Golf Club! (That's where we are getting married:) Villa Barone (on Fridays and Sundays they will fit your budget). Also look into Chalet on the Hudson in Cold Spring.

In Danbury: Danbury Plaza Hotel, Anthony's Lake Club, And check to see if Ethan Allen hotel is having any specials.

In Northern Westchester: Ceola Manor, Hollowbrook Golf club, Colonial Terrace, Mount Kisco Holiday Inn.

And accross the river (although I didn't personally see) Patriot Hills is a lovely venue that is in your price range.

(* Note - The Poughkeepsie Grand does not have ceremony space for Saturday night weddings, but can hold ceremonies for other wedding times)

These are all traditional ballroom settings, there are also a host of restaurants with banquet rooms that would fit as well. Not sure what you are looking for, but hope this helps.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

Also, Jean Jeacques caterers (the caterer we used at Putnam National Golf Club) at a bunch of their locations has a Saturday minimum of only 50 people. And Putnam has a gorgeous room for smaller weddings.

We (or more so I) looked at all the places (and more) (except PH)  that I listed above, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards