Massachusetts-Boston

Unique Venue

Hi, I just got engaged and wanted to do a wedding in either Feb or March. Does anyone have any recommendations for something unique on the South Shore? I

Re: Unique Venue

• edited December 2011
    Do you have an estimate on the number of guests and how much you'd like to spend on the reception? Knowing these two things will help the girls here give you the best suggestions.

ETA: Red Lion Inn has a beautiful barn setting, but I wouldn't call it inexpensive. Also Barker Tavern and Atlantica are popular with the ladies here.
  • cinderellasjccinderellasjc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME!!
    This is a great place to get suggestions, but more info about what your looking for is definately needed!
  • moonbee73moonbee73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies,

I'm thinking it will be between 75-100 people, I haven't even thought of a budget because it's all happening so fast, but I would like to keep the entire wedding under $15k if possible. The only reason why I'm looking so soon is because my dad is not in the best of health.

Thanks again
  • edited December 2011
    One thing to keep in mind when you're looking at venues is that on average couples spend about 40-50% of their total wedding budget on the reception. Good luck on your search! And congrats on being engaged! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding here on March 17th.

My wedding is small though.  Email me if you have any questions

gcarney@gmail.com

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    FYI I was engaged years ago. I was going to have my reception at the location that Atlantica is now in.  Its beautiful but expensive as are the Barker Tavern and Red Lion Inn, just an FYI.  Scituate Country Club is beautiful also.  Fariview Inn in Marshfield is nice as well
  • marshallramarshallra member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of unique? Do you want to arrange your own catering and liquor or would you prefer a package? For bringing in your own: Do you want historical? The old Derby academy in Hingham Rustic ?Camp Kiawana in Hanson On the water ?the Duxbury sailing club Very Homey the hoosic club in Milton. For a very reasonable package try Independence Harbor. I am not sure of the catering situation but the Fuller Museum in Brockton is reportedly beautiful and unique and would hold you numbers. There are lots of choices a lot will depend on your vision, how you define unique. S
  • moonbee73moonbee73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, I think I'm looking for not the typical "function room, hotel feel" in a room, it that even makes sense. Sorry this is all so new to me
  • edited December 2011
    Then try the Daniel Webster Estate......it's not a function room at all. Two floors to work with, it's gorgeous and does not need a lot of decorating.....let me know if you need more info.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_unique-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:61d4f065-1447-4a5a-b226-5a0ea53d580ePost:e9a9b06f-b562-4a4a-a659-1930f5a151b2">Re: Unique Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have an estimate on the number of guests and how much you'd like to spend on the reception? Knowing these two things will help the girls here give you the best suggestions. ETA:<strong> Red Lion Inn has a beautiful barn setting, but I wouldn't call it inexpensive.</strong> Also Barker Tavern and Atlantica are popular with the ladies here.
    Posted by JBs_Bride[/QUOTE]

This is exactlty what I was going to say!
  • bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Atlantica.  We had 80 people and were under $15k.  It's a beautiful setting right on Cohasset Harbor.  We had a fantastic experience.  I'd definitely recommend it.  

I've also attended a wedding at Camp Kiwannee that someone suggested.  It was the most fun wedding I've ever been to.  Definitely very different from the Atlantica though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards