Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Duck Boat Tours/Tours for Out of Town Guests

My FI and I are considering renting a full duck boat or organizing a Fenway Tour for out of town guests as this will most likely be the first time they've been to Boston. Has anyone done this before? how did you do it? Did you interview drivers/tour guides for the duck boat tour?

Any advice on what to do with out of town guests would be great.
Thanks

Re: Duck Boat Tours/Tours for Out of Town Guests

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I organized a duck tour for a private group when I graduated from law school as part of our commencement activities.  I just called them up and booked a full duck tour through the company and I think we received a slight discount.  I didn't interview drivers or anything.  It was very easy and everyone had a great time on the tour. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not wedding related but I booked a duck tour also for a business function. We took the whole bus, didn't interview the driver, all of the duck tour guides are kind of larger than life and funny. I gave the driver a piece of paper with a couple of announcements/funny facts about our company and he was great about reading them out.

They have a pretty set script as you follow the route - I think it's a really neat way to get an overview of Boston and I think your guests would really appreciate the effort. You could get little rubber ducks made up with your names on them :D
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Duck tours are so fun!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards