Massachusetts-Boston

Help! wedding colors - venue with gold tones

I'm having trouble finalizing my wedding colors and I think it's because my venue has a lot of gold tones. I'm getting married in May at at a country club and they have gold chairs, chargers and chandeliers. I originally wanted to have a plum purple color, but I think this will clash. Any recommendations?

Re: Help! wedding colors - venue with gold tones

• Plum and gold can actually work beautifully together.  Google those colors along with "wedding" and you will see a bunch of pictures that are really nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that's a beautiful combo.
  • I like that combo too!! I also love navy and gold.
  • I like that combo too!! I also love navy and gold.
  • I am actually doing deep plum, champagne and gold. It really looks nice together. I changed from silver to gold because of my venue too. I didn't want everything to clash.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    Those are two colors that look good together! Try adding another color : to soften romantic elegant sage green, antique white, cream, taupe, mocha, greige For a pretty flirty look : a vintage shade of pink, pearl, green, periwinkle, lilac, butter yellow For a rich Autumn look: mix in any or even better 2 to 3 of these....mustard yellow, a shade the color of succulents green and or green blue, wheat, burnt pumpkin, brick red/blood red but only in small doses with assorted other fall colors! Heart set on silver? Metallics are HUGE right now go plum, silver, gold and copper or antique bronze!!! This would look REALLY great with seasonal fall flowers!!! Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards