Massachusetts-Boston

Liberty Hotel?

My Fiance and I have looked at a number of places: Taj, Four Seasons, Hyatt harborside (great water views), The State Room, and the Renaissance. We plan on looking at The Seaport and Fairmont Battery Wharf.  We really love the Liberty hotel (minus the rug in the ballroom) but it is still our number 1 contender, its not your usual "wedding" feel.  We are having about 100 ppl.  We have been together for 10 years (we are 27 and 26) so we just want a great party for all our loved ones.  If we have people fly into Boston we want them to have a fun unique experience and/or show them the beauty of Boston (water or view views). 
I wanted to know if anyone has been married at the Liberty Hotel and the pros and cons.  Thank you for all your help!

Re: Liberty Hotel?

• edited December 2011
    My wedding isn't at the Liberty, but my office has hosted our major fundraiser there for the past 4 years.  (I agree with you about the rug!  Worst part about the ballroom!) We love the food, it's always been delicious and the service is great.  I've always worked with Christina, who is the director of catering.  We have never had a problem working with them, and I would highly recommend them!  (Their ballroom was too small for our wedding, or we would have had it there too!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been married there but I went to the Boston Music Awards there a few months ago and the space is not only beautiful but also very unique while still elegant. It is really convenient to downtown and to the water so the Boston experience won't be lost at all.
  • edited December 2011
    We also liked the Liberty when we were looking, but the carpet really bothered me. It is a really unique venue though that would make for a fun event.

We had our reception at Fairmont Copley and I have to say they were amazing to work with. The location is also perfect for guests flying in - We had about 80% of our guests coming in from OOT. You can check out pics, reviews, etc in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not getting married at the Liberty, but I can tell you that I personally know the wedding coordinator there and she is awesome!!! I'm not her friend or anything, she's sort of a friend of a friend. Call her!! She won't pressure you or anything. We met with her, but sadly couldn't afford the Liberty, I loved it there! It would definitely be my ultimate dream wedding though! Call the Liberty and meet with Cate, she's super sweet!!!
  • shoeDGgalshoeDGgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your help.  We truly appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards