New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Intro

Hi all,

Wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Stephanie. My fella and I are a newly engaged couple (last Tuesday) and we're planning on a May 2011 wedding.

See you all around!

Re: Intro

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagment and welcome to the board!! I was just married May 21 2010  :)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  This time will be one of the most special and exciting in your life; enjoy it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welocme ... you will find this site and these girls a fantastic source of reference.

I've been guided by all of them and just are a bunch of fabulous women!  BTW...I'm getting married in May as well 5.7.11 (day beofre Mother's Day) I lwanted to get married on Mother's Day but didn't feel right in having guests attending my wedding who's mom's are still with them...their very lucky...so instead to honor my mom I'm getting married on what would've been my parent's 55th wedding anniversary.

Good luck w/ all your planning and I'll see you around on the board :-)

btw...Luv pink roses -- its my wedding flower :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Do you know where you are getting married yet?
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcomeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome! I am a May 11 bride as well! 5.6.11!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_intro-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:e4ec1cd8-a3eb-4e25-94fc-870c8328718bPost:aa0eddd5-346a-4cf8-88e6-fb7cb852f4f8">Re: Intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!! Do you know where you are getting married yet?
    Posted by KWats2011[/QUOTE]

We're looking at a B&B in Milford, PA, the Cliff Park Inn. I'm a flip flips and scrubs kind of girl...thinking about a big place with chandaliers and fancy stuff gives me agita. lol

If my parents house was better situated I would totally have an at home wedding in the back yard. That would be a cluster though, so we're not even going to go there!

If anyone has recommendations for off the beaten path kinds of places, throw 'em my way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! And welcome to the Hudson Valley board!

Not sure what you are looking for, but if you want rustic, Mt Guilian in Beacon might work. Hollowbrook Golf Club in Cortlandt Manor has more of traditional look, but is more on the rustic side compared to most of the ballrooms out there.

Really don't have anything else to pass along, but wanted to say congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs Terri. The B&B in Milford is a no go. Their package went from affordable to out of this world once I told them I wanted a larger wedding. Its pretty obvious that they just didn't want to deal with a party of our size. Too bad though, because I really did like it.

At this point, I feel like I just need to pick a place- ANY place! I have a little over eight months, and I need to get a venue situated so I can get to work on everything else!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at any places in the area?

What are you looking for? The spots I names have more of a rustic feel, but if you are saerching out the hudson valley there are soooo many options for wedding venues.

Whatis you ideal type of place? And then what is the most important aspect (food, size, location, pictures spots, hotel proximity, etc.)

With that info, we can all help out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the dilemma is solved. There's a new place opening in Goshen in December (Palacio's Catering). Excellent pre-opening pricing and looks like its gonna be pretty. Its not the rustic outdoorsy feeling I was going for but the price is right. I'd rather spend a little extra on photography than go with a place thats more expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad that you found something that works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards