Massachusetts-Boston

Catering without a kitchen?

I am looking for a new venue after the scheduled closing of Springstep and one of the venues on my short list does not have a kitchen.  We want a formal, sit down dinner.  Am I living in a dream world thinking someone might be able to cater a formal dinner without an onsite kitchen? 

Re: Catering without a kitchen?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_catering-without-a-kitchen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:7748b312-2395-4e3e-9842-c253807f5972Post:d04d9ef8-730c-4ff4-9442-8c89a3ae105b">Catering without a kitchen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for a new venue after the scheduled closing of Springstep and one of the venues on my short list does not have a kitchen.  We want a formal, sit down dinner.  Am I living in a dream world thinking someone might be able to cater a formal dinner without an onsite kitchen? 
    Posted by LaineEtc[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The venue we were originally supposed to get married at didn't have a full kitchen and I put a deposit down on Creative Catering, they're based out of Beverly.  A friend of mine used them at her wedding at Misselwood/Endicott College, and we did a tasting with them when we were looking. Both times the food and presentation were incredible (delish filet), both sit-down formal dinners.  Our original venue cancelled on us (so I feel your pain), and Gary @ Creative was gracious enough to give us our deposit back and recommend other sites.  We ended up booking at a place that has in-house caterers, but I was really sad to let Creative go.  By the way, they cook everything out of a truck, and you would never know.  Also I had looked at a lot of caterers and thought their prices were reasonable.  Best of luck whatever you end up doing!!  Just curious, how much notice did Springstep give you?</div>
  • FInd off premise caterers; most of them have box trucks/trailers to prep everything outside.
  • We used Green Olive out of East Boston.  Suzanne was a dream to work with.

Our venue didn't have a kitchen either and she brought in all the ovens etc she needed.  We did a sit down plated meal and everything was just great.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards