Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Boston Church (protestant)?

Hello,
Does anyone have any recommendations/experiences with churches in Boston for a July wedding? We have between 175 and 200 people. We saw Trinity and Old South and wanted something brighter. We are considering King's Chapel, Arlington Street Church and Emmanuel. I'm a little concerned about the box pews at King's Chapel because the website mentions that some don't have a clear view (?)....., but I think it's my favorite. We're planning from DC so it's a little hard. Any insight would be so appreciated! 

Re: Boston Church (protestant)?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Right outside of Boston in Newton Corner there is Newton Presbyterian - I grew up going there, it definitely fits 200 people and is an absolute gorgeous church. Less than 15 minutes to downtown.
  • Options
    thedivaonethedivaone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kings is gorgeous and I know a lot of the music staff there.  But you're absolutely right, the view can be hard because of the layout.  You pretty much have to be right on the aisle or up top looking down in order to see everything.  Also, the acoustics can be a little dry so unless you and FI speak loudly not everyone will hear you. 

Trinity Copley Square is a BARN.  The view is great and everyone can see you, but 200 people feels like there is nobody there.

I got married at Church of Our Saviour in Brookline.  It is like an English Country Church and if you're doing a daytime or early evening wedding then the light is great and the stained glass looks amazing.  You might also want to check out St. Paul's Episcopal and All Saints Episcopal, both in Brookline.  They both have amazing music programs and the staff is really nice.

I've lived in the area and sung in churches all over the greater Boston area for more than 15 years, so if you need any other suggestions please just ask or PM me.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is budget a consideration for you? Just wondering since Arlington Street Church is in the neighborhood of 4-5K for rental.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Budget is definitely a concern and consideration and I hate to say it but we're getting somewhat desperate to find the right church. We may need to cut other things in order to make the church work. I haven't seen the inside of Arlington Street Church so I can't even say if the price is a reflection of the interior or if it's the location...or both. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely a factor of both. The inside is very pretty and being where it is right next to the Public Garden, it's in a prime location. Where is your reception going to be?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The reception will be at the Harvard Club on Comm Ave. Emmanuel, which is just around the corner from Arlington Street Church, is almost $2,000 less. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if she reads the boards anymore, but jkepros had her ceremony in the Lindsey Chapel at Emmanuel, so she could give you a good perspective on working with them. I'll see if I have her bio bookmarked at home since I'm pretty sure she did reviews after her wedding...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! That was really helpful! I have appointments next Tuesday to see them all in person so hopefully that will put an end to the search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome! I hope your search comes to an end soon! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards