Massachusetts-Boston

Any suggestions for a wedding shower location?

A friend is getting married out of town this year but her mom wants to throw her a wedding shower in the Boston area. I'd like to help find a location but don't know the area that well either.  Does anyone have any experience/suggestions for a restaurant or a venue for an afternoon shower for up to 50 people. It would be preferable if they had their own catering.
Thanks for your help!

Re: Any suggestions for a wedding shower location?

• urklurkl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend is getting married out of town this year but her mom wants to throw her a wedding shower in the Boston area. I'd like to help find a location but don't know the area that well either.  Does anyone have any experience/suggestions for a restaurant or a venue for an afternoon shower for up to 50 people. It would be preferable if they had their own catering.
    Thanks for your help!
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    <---- I would post this on the Boston board, they will be able to help!
  • nlindsay17nlindsay17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Exchange Street Bistro in Malden. We just had my daughter's shower there and everyone is still raving about how nice it was and how awsome the food was. They were featured on The Phantom Gourmet. We had the tapas because we wanted something different and they were amazing. The function room holds 55 so it is perfect for your shower. They have lots of food to choose from not just tapas. Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a 30th birthday party at the Venetian Moon in Reading last year and I really loved it, they have great martinis and food! I have been hinting that I want my shower there! I also went to a rehearsal dinner at Exchange Street earlier this year, I liked the atmosphere but the food and service were not that good, at least when I went.
  • edited December 2011
    I also did go to a few showers at Spinelli's on Rt One. It is nice because you can pretty much decorate however you want or with any colors, etc. I remeber the service was good and they were brunch type things so the food was what you would expect.
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my shower at the Hawthorne Hotel in the ballroom and it was awesome!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards