New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Any reviews for Beckwith Points, New Rochelle, NY?

Any reviews for Beckwith Points, New Rochelle, NY?
trying to find a venue in New Rochelle, NY area for 150ppl. thank you!!!!!

Re: Any reviews for Beckwith Points, New Rochelle, NY?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I am getting married there in July, and so far so good, they are accomadating and work with you, Linda is a really nice lady, they usually have a tasting/wedding set up with vendors and a band once every couple of months, give them a call and see if one is coming up, that gives you the best idea of what it is like to have a wedding there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to weddings there and although they were fun, the food wasn't good IMO.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to quite a few weddings there- i thought it was great.
    Most of my family held there weddings and showers there.

I LOVE Glen Island Harbor Club in New Rochelle (obviously because that's where I am getting married!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Beckwith and was not impressed with the venue. We are getting married at Greentree in 6 weeks and they have been wonderful to work with. They will also do a wedding for around 150 ppl and are very reasonable.
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also not a fan of Beckwith. It initially wows you because it undeniably has the best outside water view. But I don't think the venue itself is that nice. Chairs and other decor details are old/outdated. I didn't think the food was very good either. Linda also wasn't very flexible when I was trying to negotiate a package with her. We ultimately booked with VIP Country Club instead and we were very happy.
  • Options
    cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in April 2012.  I love linda actually.  the decor isn't the typical marble, grand ballroom if that's what you are looking for.  If you like that, go to Surf club or green tree.  I love it bc I want to see the water from every angle.  and it has a cozy feeling inside the place, which is what I was looking for. but all of the places are pretty on that strip in new rochelle, it's really a matter of price and what you are looking.  Most expensive are surf club and glen island 
  • Options
    jessa66jessa66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there and was not impressed with the venue.  I am getting married at VIP right down the street nd they ar great! They are reaonable and will work with your price - they chopped off 4,000 from the total price and threw in the ceremony for free! 
  • Options
    riab85riab85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my fiance and i went this past july to look for our august 11 wedding, and I have to be honest it smelled a little. I'm sure it is a lovely place, but when we were there, there was people in their bathing suits walking freely around and it had a smell of chlorine in the ballroom. I'm sure these people are gone during your wedding, but the initial shock of seeing old men with no shirts on didn't really set the tone for what we were looking for lol.

but my cousin got married there years ago, and it was a great time. i think (hope) we were just there on an off day.

we went to all the places in new rochelle before falling in love with glen island. we're also a 150 person wedding, and we found that they are not only amazing to work with, but very accomodating.

i would stay away from surf club if your looking to have 150; they basically laughed at us when we said we wanted a summer wedding with that number of people.

i would def try and find others who are/ or have had a wedding there the same month as you, they can give you the best picture as a bride there... good luck:)
  • Options
    md2034md2034 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married there and actually did our tasting. Nicole was great and let us attend a tasting before we booked, better than VIP are the views and the budget, i found VIP to be a bit over the top and their views of the water are blocked by shrubs and fences, green tree wasn't crazy about the small room, looked like a basement to me, but the larger room is beautiful. Glen island is also gorgeous, it was out of our price range. 
    I also like the idea of having my wedding on the roof and the pictures on the beach/rocks. They will work with you, they dropped the price for us and reduced the price of the chair covers to practically nothing, they also threw in some add on's for the reception, but its all a matter of preference, i think you should ask to go to a tasting, nicole assured us if we were unhappy we could cancel. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards