Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Thoughts on these bands...

Hi Everyone,

We have set the date! We have the venue! Now on to the band.

We have gotten recs on the following bands and I was wondering if anyone has worked with them before or heard them at other weddings and what your thoughts are. We are particularly looking for a group that can do a good job at Motown (one of the music genres my fiance and I love and have bonded over) as well as fun, more modern dance music (think Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Usher etc). Any help would be great! And if you have other recs, please let me know:

District 21
World premier
Rare Form
Jenny De and the Deelinquents

Re: Thoughts on these bands...

• Options
    We considered Rare Form, but ultimately went with another band (Soho).  We saw them play and they were very good.  But perhaps a better endorsement came from a family friend who used them for her State Room wedding about 1.5 years ago - she absolutely raved about them.  I haven't heard of World Premier or Jenny De, but have heard good things (though can't remember anything specific) about District 21.
  • Options
    We considered Rare Form, but ultimately went with another band (Soho).  We saw them play and they were very good.  But perhaps a better endorsement came from a family friend who used them for her State Room wedding about 1.5 years ago - she absolutely raved about them.  I haven't heard of World Premier or Jenny De, but have heard good things (though can't remember anything specific) about District 21.
  • Options
    <div>We used Soul Revival, and they were fabulous.  They play a lot of Motown, Current Stuff, Classic Rock, everything pretty much.  They really rocked it at our wedding.   <a href="http://www.soulrevivalband.com" rel="nofollow">www.soulrevivalband.com</a></div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_thoughts-on-these-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:8df30eba-6148-446d-8ff7-93e3eb5689acPost:d787d491-e259-4ba0-92a1-aade44ccfdad">Thoughts on these bands...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Everyone, We have set the date! We have the venue! Now on to the band. We have gotten recs on the following bands and I was wondering if anyone has worked with them before or heard them at other weddings and what your thoughts are. We are particularly looking for a group that can do a good job at Motown (one of the music genres my fiance and I love and have bonded over) as well as fun, more modern dance music (think Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Usher etc). Any help would be great! And if you have other recs, please let me know: District 21 World premier Rare Form Jenny De and the Deelinquents
    Posted by ElyssaK25[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Was your wedding in Boston? Soul Revival's website says they are based in New York.
  • Options
    <div>Our wedding was in NY, but I know they travel to Boston because a good friend of mine from work was married there about 2 years ago and she used them.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_thoughts-on-these-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:8df30eba-6148-446d-8ff7-93e3eb5689acPost:2e115616-701a-420a-af99-43a31c13efb0">Re: Thoughts on these bands...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was your wedding in Boston? Soul Revival's website says they are based in New York.
    Posted by ElyssaK25[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    East Coast Soul is awesome

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We used 747 Orchestra. they are out of ny and traveled to no. connecticut for us. Their Motown, R&B, Funk is off the charts and they had everyone dancing all night. Their reputation is outstanding and are recommended by Grace Ormonde platinum list contact# 516 365-5664
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards