Massachusetts-Boston

In expensive venue for hors d'oeuvre wedding

My Fiance and I have moved our wedding up to this coming Aug. We only have 28 people attending and I am thinking of just doing appitizers in the afternoon. But not sure what type of place offers a service like this. We have a very small budget so I am trying to figure out what would be best.. any ideas are welcome!

Re: In expensive venue for hors d'oeuvre wedding

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_in-expensive-venue-for-hors-doeuvre-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:8efac90b-9346-4151-af9e-955a7f74eeb1Post:9f92d2f4-fea6-49bb-800f-885c3a67e3fa">In expensive venue for hors d'oeuvre wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fiance and I have moved our wedding up to this coming Aug. We only have 28 people attending and I am thinking of just doing appitizers in the afternoon. But not sure what type of place offers a service like this. We have a very small budget so I am trying to figure out what would be best.. any ideas are welcome!
    Posted by Amarief[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If you are doing a church wedding, I highly recommend looking at the church reception hall.  I will tell you that we looked into apps only catering and the quotes for a larger wedding felt ridiculous to us for downtown Boston.   You'll also want to look into restaurants with small function rooms that could give you a quote for everything including space.   My best friend and her partner did a wedding at Upstairs on the Square in Cambridge last year.  They did dessert only and a number of people about the size that you had for under $5K.   Good luck!

</div>
  • Check out the Museum of Science. They have a skyline room that has a panoramic view of the city, as well as an outdoor area over looking the Charles River. And their food is yummy! (wolfgang puck, so you can't got wrong!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The OP said, low budget--I don't know if the MOS fits for that.  They have a pretty high rental fee and catering minimums...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AmariefAmarief member
    First Comment
    yea i am looking to do this as cheap as possible
  • The MOS is not expensive at all....I am in the same position and it worked out great for me, which is why I recommended it. Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Are you getting married on a weekday or weekend? That will make a big difference in price.

Also, if this is happening at lunchtime, between 11:30 and 1:30 you really should provide lunch.

What is your budget for your reception and are you also looking to have the ceremony there?  That would help narrow things down and get you more recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards