Massachusetts-Boston

looking for a florist

hello everyone
I am looking for a very reasonably priced florist. Jen from Tangled Web is already booked on my wedding date. Are there any other suggestions? Please help...Also any help on how much flowers generally cost?

Re: looking for a florist

• edited December 2011
    The cost of flowers all depend on what type of flowers you want and how many you want. Using flowers which are in season and lower in cost can end up saving you hundreds of dollars. 

I'm using mostly in season flowers besides dahlias, will have 7 bouquets (including mine), 7 bouts, 2 smaller bouquets for mil and fmil, simple ceremony decorations ( flowers on the chuppah), 1 guest table arrangement and approximately 20 centerpieces... 10 high, 10 low.  

This will cost just around $2000-$2500. 

I'm using Mugfords Flower Shop in Westborough.  
  • edited December 2011
    We used Suzanne Bellanger at Bella Floral Design and I absolutely loved our flowers.  You can see the pics in my bio under Flowers and read my review under Vendor Reviews.  

We found Suzanne's prices to be very reasonable for what we got and her level of talent.  She'll totally work with you to stay in your budget and she has a very creative eye.  Here's what we got for $2500 (we used flowers on the more expensive side - calla lilies and orchids) - you could definitely get different flowers for less.

My bouquet
    7 BM bouquets
    10 bouts
    15 centerpieces
    Place card table flowers
    Chuppah flowers
    2 corsages for MOB and MOG
    Flower girl basket with flowers
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011

Andrea D'Amelio in Stonheam. www.adfloraldesign.com. I've also heard great things about Hillside in Woburn.

• edited December 2011
    We are using Suzanne from Bella Floral: http://bellafloraldesign.blogspot.com/

She is working within our budget, which is fairly small (I believe Jen from Tangled Web said she wouldn't do it because it was below her Saturday minimum).  Our budget is around $2000.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you located/need the florist to deliver to? :0) 

I know who I wouldn't suggest-- and thats my florist. haha.  eMail me at evseidl at gmail for more details; but they're based in Sudbury....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We had to use a florist through our venue for centerpieces, but got the ceremony flowers from Evergreen Florist in Stoneham, and they were great - very accomodating with our budget, and great results.
  • edited December 2011

Ellen from Flowers & Finnry, http://www.flowersandfinery.com/, is fantastic and will work with your budge!  She did the flowers for my wedding in September and they were beautiful. 

• edited December 2011
    olympia flower shop in boston; pics in slideshow and married bio. did a great job.
    for the amount of flowers we got (5 BM, 1 MOH, 1 bride, 2 MOB bouquets; 10 bouts, chuppah, ceremony flowers, 26 centerpieces; 1/2 tall, 1/2 short, trees, cocktail hour cetnerpieces, etc) we got a great deal.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Lyndsey Loring Design. I love her vision, and her prices can't be beat! Flowers are important to me and I had looked at a bunch of different florists- I narrowed it down to Jen and Lyndsey. In the end I just got a better vibe from Lyndsey. GL! :)
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for your suggestions. Going to check them out.
  • abilifymeabilifyme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Evseidl - I just e-mailed you.  You have me curious now.  ;o)
    "If I were your wedding, I'd be sleeping with one eye open... " - Bride Wars
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Jodi from My Personal Florist.http://www.thebestweddingflowers.com/

She has been excellent to work with so far and was able to accommodate our budget, even giving us everything we wanted for about $200 under our budget!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Carey from Stems Floral Design.  The flowers were AMAZING and a really great price for what we got. Everyone was RAVING about the flowers, and they were one of my top wedding priorities.

Check out my married bio for the vendor review and photos. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Judy's in Foxboro. Both of my sisters used her and their flowers were so pretty. She has been great to work with so far.
  • edited December 2011
     My sister used Judy as well, so great to work with . I am however using Tammi Reid, www.tamarareiddesigns.com
    I just love her, I think my flowers will be about 3000 but I am going a bit overboard, having a backyard wedding I wanted to really have the flowers be the focal point.
  • Buzzbee1Buzzbee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using flowers by Darlene out of Salem Ma.. She is very reaosnable....She has done a lot of weddings in Boston! I am bringing in one of my bridesmaids dresses  in so she can make the bouquet and I can see how it looks with the dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Im using milestone florist in Fall River and he does an amazing job!! Its costing me around $3300 with tall and short centerpieces, my flowers,6 bridemaids, 8 guys, 2 mothers, 2 flower girls and church.
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards