Massachusetts-Boston
Options

XP Pizza/Pasta in Sturbridge

I posted this on the Western MA board but it doesn't get much activity so was hoping maybe someone on this board could be of help:

Hi ladies! I'm trying to find a rehearsal dinner spot in the Sturbridge area for 30-40 people. We would like to do a pizza/pasta buffet and I'm having trouble finding any restaurants that offer this or have the space. Publick House & OSV offer buffets but they are on the pricier side and both venues are a similar feel to my venue so I'd like to stay away from that. I contacted Rovezzi's and Avellino and they only offer plated dinners and are more than we wanted to spend.

Zorba's in Charlton does offer pasta/pizza buffets at a good price but I have heard some negative reviews about their food. Has anyone been?

TIA!!

Re: XP Pizza/Pasta in Sturbridge

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_xp-pizzapasta-in-sturbridge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:938680f4-3c98-4759-8a1e-88631a9fcb84Post:c7956c31-03fd-4f77-af14-bad886cb7014">XP Pizza/Pasta in Sturbridge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted this on the Western MA board but it doesn't get much activity so was hoping maybe someone on this board could be of help: Hi ladies! I'm trying to find a rehearsal dinner spot in the Sturbridge area for 30-40 people. We would like to do a pizza/pasta buffet and I'm having trouble finding any restaurants that offer this or have the space. Publick House & OSV offer buffets but they are on the pricier side and both venues are a similar feel to my venue so I'd like to stay away from that. I contacted Rovezzi's and Avellino and they only offer plated dinners and are more than we wanted to spend. Zorba's in Charlton does offer pasta/pizza buffets at a good price but I have heard some negative reviews about their food. Has anyone been? TIA!!
    Posted by tanyamary627[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Eh, the food at Zorba's is OK...hit or miss, really.  The thing I hate more than anything is that service is always slow when we go there. </div><div>
    </div><div>Of those you mention, I would stick with OSV - we just had a work event their and did an Italian style buffet...it was great!  Depending on what night and time you're looking for, they may be able to work with you on price.  Also, we had our event in the old tavern inside the village...the newer tavern is more modern looking so maybe enough of a difference for you. Someone else from work did her rehearsal dinner at Sal's pizza...they wanted something really casual and laid back. Good luck!

</div>
  • Options
    I personally really love Zorba's.  We go there several times a month, and the food is fantastic.  Only once has the service been slow, and the place is usually always packed.  Another option that you can look into is Enrico's Brick Oven Pizzeria & Pub (they serve both pizza & pasta).  There's a very good chance that Enrico will be able to do what you're looking for! 
  • Options
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Fins & Tales in Southbridge, they did a great job and were very accomodating and affordable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards