New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Poughkeepsie Grand hotel Centerpieces

Has anyone ever used the centerpieces that come w/the packages at the Grand?  If so, did you add flowers or use additional centerpieces or votives?    

Re: Poughkeepsie Grand hotel Centerpieces

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We ended up using them for the cocktailhour, they placed them randomly around.  We had planned to use them for the reception but when we got to see them on a table, they were too low and kind of got lost on the table with all the other things.
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had looked at the Pok Grand. The lady we met with said the centerpieces were included, but you don't get a choice of colors and no one ever uses them, but they won't deduct the cost from the package - no thank you!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Grand too. But ended up going elsewhere.

Went to a bridal show there and got a chance to see what the "included" centerpiece was and knew we would have to upgrade if we had gone there. It looked kind of chintzy if you ask me.

However, since they weren't our venue, I'm not sure what arrangements they could make for you. What they showed at the show was an example of an included centerpiece.

I'd ask what you could get - maybe they base it on a certain dollar amount that would buy you a different amount of flowers - a dozen carnations or 6 gerbera daisies or 4 roses. Something like that. See what they would be willing to include if you switched up the flower types.

You never know and it can't hurt to ask!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  When I spoke with our coordinator she said that we could speak to the florist about upgrading or switching things out.  I had the same concern that the centerpieces would get lost on the table so I was planning on doing some DIY with some votives and 2 other vases on either side with hydrangeas or some other flower.  I'm going to call the florist they use this week and see what I can do. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since it was close to the holidays the centerpieces they used were pointsettias  which were beautiful.  We however had an additional centerpiece as well (stuffed snowmen with fake flowers in a pouch).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there and met her at their bridal show.  She didn't really seem interested in our buisness.  I swear, she didn't even bring albums of her work with her!  We decided since they decorations come with the venue, they will be placed around our cocktail hour room.  For our real wedding flowers/centerpieces... we went with Mariannes Floral Garden (right down the street and VERY reasonable).  She had great reviews everywhere else and has been really great to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards