Massachusetts-Boston

Honeymoon!

Hi ladies,

My FI and I have finally made the decision to come to Boston in October.  We are huge Sox fans (from Wyoming) and will be touring Fenway and keeping everything crossed that they will be home for a post season game!  I was wondering if you have any ideas on where to stay or must sees.  I would like to have more hands on things rather then walk through 12 museums.  If anyone has help PLEASE let me know, neither one of us have ever been to the area.  thank you tons!

Re: Honeymoon!

• edited December 2011
    Take the Duck Tour - it lets you see the whole city and then you can walk to what you want to explore more.

North End - I love Dolce Vita but every place is good.
  • edited December 2011
    I know this is sort of a museum recommendation, but I love the aquarium! It has penguins! It's also near Fanueil Hall area which has some historical sites you can visit, lots of shopping, and many food options. I also highly recommend doing some portion of the freedom trail.

Also, I'm right with you on crossing things for Sox to still be playing in October!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, How long are you staying. You should try and get to Salem, MA which is only 30 minutes out, and they have a train from Boston that goes there, as well as a ferry (if it is still in season). It is a must do in the month of October!

Other than that, try the Freedom Trail, it is a walking trail through all the historic sites (its free), there is a lot of history to see and a great way to see the city.
  • cinderellasjccinderellasjc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Marriott on the warf in Boston is a great place to stay.  Then view is fabulous and it is right near Faneuil Hall and also the North end ( and only about 5 minute subway ride to Fenway). North End is a great little area to walk.  VERY ROMANTIC!!! They have horse drawn carriages that you can take through the north end as well.  There is sooooo much to do.  The theater district is great at night if you want to go catch a show, or grab a drink. Hope that helps a little!!! Any information you need..... feel free to ask!!!

• edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much.  All your info is so helpful I can't wait to come out!
  • edited December 2011
    Beacon Hill area is nice to walk around and shop/ Yhe Boston Commons park is there as well.  We love to eat at the restaurant 75 chesnut street. Little place so make reservartion. Do horse back ride so be a nice one with the cool nights.
  • edited December 2011
    We were wanting to go to Salem, but was not sure how long the drive would be.  Is it 30 minutes with average traffic?  Being from Wyoming anything under 3 hours is a short drive ha.
  • edited December 2011
    Go to the Sky Walk at the Prudential & eat at the top of the hub...Little pricey but totally worh it!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Liberty Hotel...even if it is just for drinks at night.  Pricey but def a cool/different atmosphere.
  • edited December 2011
    The aquirium is a fun time. And, obviously, Fenway is a must-see. If you plan to go to a game (if they are playing), get there SEVERAL hours before hand as tickets go fast, and expect to pay premium (the Red Sox have the highest ticket prices in the nation!). You should definitly check out Fanuiel Hall and walk some of the Freedom trail. Check out Cheers by Beacon Hill. The Public Gardens are beautiful to walk through (just watch for all the geese droppings). For nightlife, check out Landsdown St next to Fenway. Jillians has decent food, bowling, and if there is a game and you can't get tickets, watch it on the big screens!.

If you plan to rent a vehicle and have some time, a trip to the Cape is essential. There will be no crowds and you'll have the beaches to yourselves!

Have fun! Oh yea, def take a duck boat tour!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards