New York-Hudson Valley

Bridal Shower

So, I was on the phone today with my MOH, and she slipped and told me when my bridal shower was going to be. She told me the only day she was able to book the place she wants to have it (No details were said...) was on Sept. 11th. I don't want that as a shower date I told her. She said she isn't changing the date, and I will just have to replace my memories with happy memories this new 9/11 will create. I have mixed emotions about this!!! How would you feel?
December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket

Re: Bridal Shower

• edited December 2011
    We had our friend's shower on that day last September 11th only because that was the only day the BP could have it on. The bride was totally fine with it & it turned out to be a beautiful day & beautiful shower. The way I looked at it was, life cannot stop...we have to move forward. I always will remember that awful day & my heart still cries. It is kinda nice though, because now when that day comes again I will not only say a prayer for all that have been lost, but I have a lovely memory too...our friend's shower was absolutely beautiful! I don't remember the dates of any bridal showers I have attended, but I will always remember hers! And we did a rockin job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you PBJ!!!! Your response was beautiful!!! I now have a new outlook on the date because of you! That was very helpful advice!!!
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!!! I am soooo happy that I could help :) You will have a special & wonderful day, so just enjoy it! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It wouldn't bother me at all. 

The only way I wouldn't want it on that day would be if I lost someone then.  Example, one of the dates open at my venue would have been the 5th anniversary of my dad's death.  That was a no can do for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards