Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Alfred Angelo Danvers (Long)

Sorry but this is kind of a long rant, but there are cliff notes at the bottom!

I've read on here that the Alfred Angelo in Danvers was terrible and to go to the one in Dedham. My FSIL went to the DAnvers one and had a good experience though and  I was just going to get measured for one BM dress and try on a few styles for another so I figured how bad could it be. (I'm in a wedding in October that the bride picked the dress and one in December where the bride has just given us a length and color.) So I made an appointment and took my mom for a second opinion. The consultant got my dress choices and I was able to try them all on which took less than 15 minutes. So I asked if I could possibly try on just one wedding gown (I'm getting married next July). The consultant just looked at me blankly and gave me an answer of "we usually give our brides a full 2 hour appointment." So I responded with it's just the one dress. She asked me which dress it was so I let her know exactly which one (it was the cinderella dress with the criss-crossed bodice with beadwork and tulle skirt) she just kept kept looking at me blankly after I told her so I said ok well I'll just get changed and she responded with "yea." I was so mad! She was being so rude! My mom and I were the only 2 people in the store and there were 3 other employees there, granted they were all in back hiding but still there were other people there.

So after I'm changed she comes in and measures me and again tells me that they give 2 hours to the bride and at this point I'm annoyed so I just said ok. She brings me to the register so I can buy the dress for the October wedding and my mom comes over and asked if I was going to try on the wedding dress. I told her no and mouthed that they wouldn't let me. So my mom louded said that I should use the remainder of the time to try on the dress that she'd rather have me try on a wedding dress than go through MOG attire (the December wedding is my brother's). She asks the consultant if I can try it on and she again goes with the we give 2 hours to the bride. My mom said "it's just one dress." The consultant replied with "well, yea." and didn't say anything else. So she ran my card and told me to wait one minute. She went to get the dress and let me try it on (yay!) After I showed my mom and changed we both thanked her and went to look through the rack of MOG separates and the consultant hovered and kept helping us which was so odd because she didn't have the time to let me try on the one dress. When we left there was one other pair of women in there who had been a walk in. 

To make matters worse I didn't get my dicount on the BM dress. When I called the next day about it I was told that a manager was going to have to cancel my order and rering it and did I want to hold or have her call me back. I opted to have her call me back and after 2 hours there was still no call back. So I called again and asked for the manager but was told the manager wasn't in that day but got the assistant manager who just credited my card. 

If you made it this far congrats I know it was a long rant. But was I really asking to much to try on one wedding dress? It was only around 5:50 and they didn't close till 8 and the store was empty with 3 other employees. I was so angry that I have zero plans to go back there and will make sure to tell others to stay away.

CL: Almost wasn't allowed to try on one wedding dress during an appointment for a BM dress appointment when there were 3 other empliyees and no other customers in the store. Then wasn't give the discount on the BM dress and had another terrible experience getting the credit.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards