Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding Venue with view of Ocean for 250 people

My fiance and I are in the early stages of planning our wedding and have reached out to a number of places to plan a June 2013 wedding.

We wanted a place very memorable and reached out to Elm Bank Mass Horticultural Center and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Unfortunately neither of them could host our event.

We recently decided that we would like to have our event along the Ocean. Here are the places we have looked into so far:

State Room (Too expensive!)
Marriot Long Wharf
Boston Harbor Hotel (Likely too expensive!)
Cruiseport Gloucester
Hyatt Harborside
Royal Sonesta Hotel

We are looking at both Hotels and non-Hotels within one hour of Newton, MA -- but the important thing is that it has lots of windows and a great view.

Any other suggestions.

Re: Wedding Venue with view of Ocean for 250 people

• You could try:
    New England Aquarium
    Museum of Science

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Someone else on here posted that they heard that the aquarium smells like Penguin poop.. any idea if that is true?
  • I am also a June 2013 bride and when I booked my venue back in January lots of places already didn't have my date available. Are you open to Fridays or Sundays? If so that may make the state room or the boston harbor hotel within your budget? The Seaport Hotel also has multiple venue rooms and ceremony options although they may be a bit pricey as well.

Have you tried Venezia? Or the Nantasket Beach Resort?
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would give Venezia a try. One of my BM's got married there a few years ago and it was beautiful. The room is stunning and has a great water view.
  • I guess the lobby of the Aquarium would, but I believe they have a tent out behind it with the view of the harbor...I'd be surprised if that smelled like penguin poop, esp since its out in the open...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a June 2013 wedding also, and quite a few places were already booked when I started looking in January. We were able to get our first choice but barely.

I did go to a wedding at Oceanview in Nahant and it was very nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dont know your budget?But here is a few places  Danversportyacht club is on the water, Gloucester elks, Winthrop Yacht club in winthrop,Ma, Oceanview and bayside in Nahant ,Ma
  • Elks club in gloucester is really nice, not your typical Elks Club!
  • Try Hammond Castle in Gloucester MA, you won't be disappointed with the views and the Castle is beautiful. 
  • The Harbor Hotel, which expensive, does have an all inclusive package that isn't outrageous, beautiful views & I loved the wedding coordinator Michael!  They also give discounts for Fridays, Sundays & certain saturdays (I think there were several June 2013 left when we looked)

We looked at the Seaport Hotel (the Lighthouse Room, which holds 175 guests, but there are several ballrooms) which is also an all inclusive package (including parking for guests and midnight snacks!) which I think priced out to about $190/person.  They also offered 10% off on Fridays/Sundays/off season Saturdays.

• The Harbor Hotel, which expensive, does have an all inclusive package that isn't outrageous, beautiful views & I loved the wedding coordinator Michael!  They also give discounts for Fridays, Sundays & certain saturdays (I think there were several June 2013 left when we looked)

We looked at the Seaport Hotel (the Lighthouse Room, which holds 175 guests, but there are several ballrooms) which is also an all inclusive package (including parking for guests and midnight snacks!) which I think priced out to about $190/person.  They also offered 10% off on Fridays/Sundays/off season Saturdays.

• The inside of the Cruiseport Gloucester is beautiful but their views of the water are few to none. The only view that I saw was of where the industrial boats come through. Not exactly the scenic "view".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're at Cruiseport in May 2013.  We booked last year and didn't have our choice of Saturdays, so I'd get on that if you are interested in it.  I rather like the harbor view, but it's not a beach view if that's what you are looking for.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am planning a wedding on the northshore, and I was so happy when I found this website that lists every wedding venue in the northshore area!  I only wish I had found it sooner, so I wouldn't have wasted so much time compiling my venue option list from various wedding sites and hearsay. I've found it infinitely helpful so I wanted to share!

http://www.gloucesterweddings.com/venues.html

Oceanview in Nahant has great views and its on the top of my list, but I believe they only hold about 200 people.

I definitely second those recommendations for Danversport Yacht Club.  Their Harborview ballroom holds 200-350 guests and it looks beautiful!  They have a minumum guest requirement of 200 for that specific room so I had to cross it off my list, but it looks absolutely stunning!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards