Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding Cake on a Budget?

Well you guys were great at coming up with cheap (but talented!) photographers so here I go again - what about cakes?  Who knew a cake could cost so much!  We have to use a licensed bakery per the venue (liability issue) so can't have a friend bake it.  Any suggestions?  Looking in the MetroWest area and we'd like it delivered (rather than trying to have someone run up there the day of!), but could possibly swing picking it up ourselves.

THANK YOU! 

White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: March 9th

Re: Wedding Cake on a Budget?

• Not MetroWest, but Brian's Fine Desserts is like $3.5 a slice (wouldnt go w/ a fancy decoration on it though).  Delivery to Boston is like $35.  If they charged more for delivery to your venue, that's pretty cheap.

Also, Dessert Works in Westwood was great.  They weren't much more overall than Brians (and much more creative with decoration, and I preferred their cake).  I think delivery to Boston was $75 and the cake started at $4 pp. We went with Brian's b/c even though it was a small difference in price I wanted to save where we could and cake isn't that important to me.
  • peeperpeeppeeperpeep member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    The cakes at Dessert Works are delicious. We use them a lot at work for birthdays etc and everyone here thinks their cakes are more delicious than Konditor Meister etc. Delivery probably wouldn't be that bad because they are right off 128.
  • Blue Ribbon Cake in Salem Ma. Great price and awesome cake!
    64862_157110774322536_100000708424779_312151_6782220_n Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions!  I actually live really close to Dessert Works so we were planning to go there for at least a tasting!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • Gerrardo's in West Boylston - AMAZING! Set up a tasting, you won't be disapointed
  • check out bake eat love http://bakeeatlovebakery.com/

we are having cupcakes from cupcake charlies as another option
  • I'm doing Liz with the Sleepy Baker. She made a friend's shower cake and it was delicious. I also have a gluten allergy and she can accommodate that. She is just starting out as a cake business full time (was in HR for a while and left that to pursue this profession instead because she did so well at it over the past few years) so she is more reasonably priced than the big names and still delivers good cakes. She is out of Natick and is on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/SleepyBaker
  • ANY cake is better than Konditor Miester....blech!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards