New York-Hudson Valley

Has anyone used Martone Bros. for photography?

Re: Has anyone used Martone Bros. for photography?

• edited December 2011
    I heard mixed reviews I think it depends. I heard they have 2 locations bronx and eastchester. My cousin used them 2 years ago and he advised me not to use them for mine. Pricey and he wasn't impressed with most of the photos giving that hold that fake pose, and smile pix. He also didn't like and how pushy they were especially at his bride. I know of a friend that had them and they said they are good just pricey. I believe they were both the BX location.  
  • edited December 2011
    My Fiancee's sister used them for her wedding and I absolutely loved her pictures.  I'm actually using Photography by Alfonso for my July 3, 2011 Wedding.  He is actually the son of one of the Martone Brothers.  I went with him b/c his work was more modern and more of a Photojournalistic feel, which is what I was looking for. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_anyone-used-martone-bros-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:f0bfbff1-7550-45fd-849f-8d92ecabe751Post:da03fbf9-2efc-40f7-9025-12fca97c3208">Re: Has anyone used Martone Bros. for photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fiancee's sister used them for her wedding and I absolutely loved her pictures.  <strong>I'm actually using Photography by Alfonso for my July 3, 2011 Wedding.  He is <u>actually the son</u>of one of the Martone Brothers</strong>. <strong>I went with him b/c his work was more modern and more of a Photojournalistic feel, which is what I was looking for. 
    </strong>Posted by JE9509[/QUOTE]

Maybe your family would allow you to do this?

I went to a lot of bridal shows and I will admit that if a photographers brochures, etc, looked "old" in style and dress (of the bride) I will admit to tossing them to the "no" pile. They might have been great, but my feeling is that, if you are a photographer, your ads should at least show that you are current. Maybe your family will let you use the son of one of the brothers? It's worth a shot!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards