Massachusetts-Boston

Florist needed

Hello, I'm looking for a great florist for our July wedding in Boston. Can you recommend one and give a sense as to whether they are of average, more than average, or less than average in cost?
Thanks!

Re: Florist needed

• michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Flowers by Annette out of Revere.  She was about the same price but easiest to work with among the handful I spoke to.  I am getting a lot for $2,700, I have 5 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, a flower girl bouquet, a ring bearer, 15 centerpieces, alter pieces, and several other bouts for parents/grandparents.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend Jen Cahill at The Tangled Web. She did an amazing job on my wedding flowers and she came in way under budget. She's also a super nice lady (she didn't get upset at all when I totally changed what colors I wanted 3 weeks before the wedding). I would say she's average in cost, but she can work with any budget (big or small).
  • edited December 2011
    I met with Jen Cahill and she's very nice and does awesome work.  We went with Joanne Nikitas out of Plymouth.  

I loved her personality and she has won many awards (she had 2 books full!).  We are getting 14 centerpieces, 1 bridal bouquet, 1 throw bouquet, 6 BM bouquets, 12 bouts, 6ish corsa., 2 ceremony pieces, rose petals on the isles, candles ... and I might be forgetting something... for just under $2000.  
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend my florist Theresa from Dogwood Florist in Melrose. The work is amazing and I would have though that she would have been more expensive but she is average on prices. I am doing all orchids which is an expensive flower and I was very happy with the price. Her work is gorgeous and she understood exactly what my vision was. Hope this helps!! I am getting married next July also!!

http://www.dogwoodfd.com/index2.php
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Karla Cassidy.  She owns her own shop in Salem, and is the most reasonable priced florist I could find for what I wanted.  For 5 Bms, 1 MOH, my bouquet, the guys bouts, my mom's bouquet, flowers for the memory table, centerpieces, an arch way, and toss petals, she's charging us around $1700.  She's been awesome to work with and I completely recommend her!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_florist-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:a943dfc1-9088-4a06-b6ca-110bb6904f8aPost:c2f35b23-2d71-40e3-97cb-27458bf68d08">Re: Florist needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would definitely recommend Jen Cahill at The Tangled Web. She did an amazing job on my wedding flowers and she came in way under budget. She's also a super nice lady (she didn't get upset at all when I totally changed what colors I wanted 3 weeks before the wedding). I would say she's average in cost, but she can work with any budget (big or small).
    Posted by JBs_Bride[/QUOTE]

We also used The Tangled Web in Pembroke --- Jen was great to work with throughout the planning process (I changed my mind on flowers 3x! and she just rolled with it) and her pricing can't be beat.

Based on what we wanted / needed, she was the most affordable vendor we used. Her pricing was less than average for the quotes that we received (we met with 4 florists). Contact her early b/c she only takes one wedding a day and books up quickly...GL!

<a href="http://www.the-tangled-web.net/">www.the-tangled-web.net</a>
  • edited December 2011
    Highly recommend who we used, Suzanne Bellanger at Bella Floral Design.  She'll work with you for whatever your budget is, and I felt that I got a great value for my money (based on quality and amount of flowers/arrangements).  You should definitely check her out.  I have pics of our actual flowers in my bio (under Flowers) along with a review (under Vendor Reviews).

http://www.bellafloraldesign.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • sackersonsackerson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also going with Jen from The Tangled Web. She is very affordable and works with your budget.  I am paying under $1500 for my bouquet, 6 bridesmaids' bouquets, about 8 boutenierres, 14 centerpieces, pew decorations, corsages, and altar decoration.  We aren't getting married until June 1, 2013 but booked her now.  She is already booking for 2013.
  • kimberlyb122kimberlyb122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Konstantina's in Middleton. She is soooo nice and we interviewed 7 florists and she was giving the most for the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards