Massachusetts-Boston
Options

NuImage Entertainment/DJ

Has anyone heard of NuImage? Also DJ Rick Bettencourt? Any feedback would be great?

Re: NuImage Entertainment/DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    NuImage gets awesome reviews here. Haven't read a bad review of them yet. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Nuimage, as well as most of our friends and family:) We used Peter, the owner, but friends also love Guy and Shawn. They are very expensive but not cheesy and get people moving!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in September, and we booked Shawn.  We knew in 2007 that he is who we were going to book after seeing him at my best friends wedding. 

Rick gets awesome reviews.  He DJ'd a wedding that lasted over 10 hours.  I've also seen Peter recently.

As for who to choose, they're both awesome.  Shawn was a little more affordable than Peter, and we already knew we loved him so it was easy for us.
  • Options
    MisheyldMisheyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Peter with NuImage.  Our friends book him for their NYE wedding this past year and we called him the next week!  He did such a great job keeping the party going.  So far everyone that I have talked to who has used NuImage has loved them.  They are a bit more expensive than others, but worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have an appointment booked with NuImage this week but haven't yet found out what their pricing is yet.  Lisa, the woman I spoke with was short and to the point and rushed me off the phone before I could ask.  Can anyone give a range or estimate of their pricing?

vtbm - What is "expensive"?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last I knew Peter was $3,000. Not sure if he's gone up since then. His other guys were less. If I remember correctly, $2,000 and $2,500 depending on who it was.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I called Nu Image and Lisa, the woman who answered the phone, was really nice, and turns out she's from my hometown! But she did, however, commit the number one pet peeve of wedding planning- not giving pricing over the phone until you speak to the DJ.

Peter called me back, and I returned his call and he picked up...while he was DJing a wedding. I'm not sure why this surprised me, because certainly there has to be downtime for a DJ during a wedding, but still surprised me a little bit!

I can confirm that Peter is $3,000, and he said hiring his other DJs starts at $1,500. They do uplighting with Boston Uplights, which is also the priciest quote I have yet received for lighting in the Boston area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Richie and would NOT recommend him.  He was very unprofessional in the days leading up to the wedding and I was not thrilled with him day of either.  Richie cost us $2500.  We booked NuImage bc Peter had done 2 weddings we had been to and was great.  Very disappointed in Richie and regretting spending all that money!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards