Massachusetts-Boston

Tailor / Seamstress for my gown in the Boston Area

Hi everyone,

I am 4 months from our August wedding date and need to have my size 10 silk dupioni sample gown brought down to something closer to a size 4. Has anyone had a stellar experience with a seamstress or tailor in the Boston area?

I purchased the gown in Belmont and was referred to one tailor in Arlington but their Yelp reviews left me a little concerned.

Looking forward to your replies!

-L

Re: Tailor / Seamstress for my gown in the Boston Area

• edited December 2011
    I had my dress altered at Sabella Couture (it's in Boston proper). Maria is the owner and she is so nice. She's also a total perfectionist and my dress was flawless the day of. She also steamed my dress and delivered to my venue on the day. I would totally recommend her.
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you PM me, i can send you the name of the woman I'm working with (I've used her before with great success). Also, she basically reconstructed my friend's sister's gown down a few sizes, like you're looking for. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    Highly recommend Chris O'Hare in Quincy.  She's amazing and her prices are ridiculously affordable.  Her number is (617) 471-7366.
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_tailor-seamstress-gown-boston-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:ae9bb33f-8fd9-434e-9e21-1c93c403b63bPost:ffaf980f-969c-4d64-9f14-05cbcd05de7b">Re: Tailor / Seamstress for my gown in the Boston Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Highly recommend Chris O'Hare in Quincy.  She's amazing and her prices are ridiculously affordable.  Her number is (617) 471-7366.
    Posted by eeyore4771[/QUOTE]

I used Chris as well and my dress came out great. A few things to keep in mind though-- her workshop is a mess-- just packed with dresses and supplies. So don't expect a nice big room and pampering, just no nonsense, extremely affordable and good alterations. And she doesn't press the dress at the end, so you will need to find someone to do a final press before the wedding. That worked out great for me, since I got married on the Cape and didn't have to worry about my dress getting wrinkled on the way down, I just had it pressed out there, but that did tack on another $100 or so to the total cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards