Massachusetts-Boston

Local Wedding Ideas - Melrose Ma

My fiance and I just bought a house in Melrose, Ma, and would love to keep the wedding local.  However, we are having a hard time finding a lot of venues in Melrose or close to the area....any ideas?

Re: Local Wedding Ideas - Melrose Ma

• edited December 2011
    I think Mount Hood does weddings, but I'm not sure.

Montvale Plaza right next door in Stoneham is a good place for weddings.

Woburn is pretty close too. They have Woburn Country Club.

It really depends on the size and budget you're looking for. You're close to 93 and Route 1 in Melrose, so you have lots of options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would stay away from Montvale Plaza... the food stinks and the place is very unimpressive (I've been to 5 work functions there).

Bear Hill in Stoneham might do weddings- not sure though.

There's Spring Step in Medford and the Hilton in Woburn, right off of Washington St.

The Hilton is new and very nice. I went to a wedding there last month and was presently suprised.
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had my sisters bridal shower at the Hilton in Woburn.  It was good.

Also, Cafe Escradrille in Burlington is nice.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed about Montavale. Food is not so great. We got married at the Escadrille and loved it!
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't that crazy about Spring Step, I went to a wedding there and it kinda felt like a grade school auditorium to me...
  • edited December 2011
    We had my sister's bridal shower at Bellevue Golf Club in Melrose.  Depending on the size of the wedding I would think they could accomodate you.  There is also Spinelli's on Rte 1 in Lynnfield and I hear that they do a nice job although i haven't been to a function there.
  • edited December 2011
    I would def look into Mount Hood, beautiful landscape and little pond there may be cute for pictures. Andover Country Club is nice too, never been to an event there but have looked and its very nice.

Not sure what your budget is or if you are willing to travel a little further north, but Willowdale up in Topsfield is absolutely gorgeous and puts on a great wedding.

Congrats on the new house! My fiance and I are looking to buy a house in Melrose, Stoneham, W Medford area too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • motherboredmotherbored member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corinthian Hall on Franklin St, Bellevue or Mount Hood Golf Clubs in Melrose, Bear Hill in Stoneham.
  • Thanks Guys for all the suggestions - sorry it took me so long to thank you all.  I just realized how to get back to my older posts :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards