Massachusetts-Boston

Favorite Food Blogs

So lately I've been obsessed with cooking and baking and the fact that jenvalet got me into foodgawker is making food become quite the obsession! So anyone have any good food blogs that they follow or have a food blog that I could follow?! I would love to read them!

Re: Favorite Food Blogs

• edited December 2011
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • edited December 2011

Am I allowed to plug my own here? :-) I just started it last week! www.lacucinavivace.com

I also really enjoy http://crowsinthekitchen.com/

• Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the process of starting my own new blog (my old one was so unfocused and boring). It's going to be focused on gluten-free living so it'll be a mix of recipes, restaurant recs, products recs, tips, resources, etc. I'm very excited! Food blogs are so addictive!
  • edited December 2011
    I like 101cookbooks.com.  It's all natural and vegetarian/vegan recipes.  I'm not a vegetarian and I still love reading her blog!  Heidi, the woman who writes it is so cultured, she travels all time and I just love following her blog :)

I also love http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com! I looove cake and cupcakes :)
  • edited December 2011
    I totally want to start my own food blog after the wedding - FI and I are planning on starting cooking classes afterwards - I really want to take the 6 part Basics classes at Cambridge Culinary Arts school - It's expensive but so totally worth it in my eyes! I just want to be at a point where I can come with with my own recipes and make them come out fabulous! I can only do it a little bit and usually I need to have a base recipe first!

I'm definitely going to look at all these blogs! Especially fellow Knottie ones ;)
  • jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mandah, I took some baking classes at CSCA.  Well worth the cash.  I would love to take that Back to Basics class.  You should let me know when you think you'll take and maybe I'll do it with you. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Jen - Omg, that would be amazing - The price in retrospect is not bad - It's about $70 per class - and you learn SO.MUCH. I mean, the first class is all about knife skills, which I do not have AT ALL. I'm thinking of doing it after the wedding - So May or June - The classes seems to be really popular and fill up fast, so I'll have to check out when there is a class opening in May or June - I know I checked last night but I can't remember the dates.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sweet.  Keep me posted!

• edited December 2011
    I love all the ones jenvalet listed.  Like she said, it's all real food that I would cook and eat.

spuccio- I was sooo excited yesterday when I saw you started a blog!  When you used to post about gatherings and things you were cooking I would have to wipe the drool off my keyboard.  Ok, maybe that was a little TMI!
    12/12/2009
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so excited to check out all these blogs!  Since yesterday, lol, I've been obsessed with foodgawker!  I love cooking, although I suck at it and have no idea what to cook ever, so I'm happy that there are directions and inspirations everywhere!
  • edited December 2011

Spuccio - I just read your latest blog post and I agree 10000000% - I always tell FI I can't wait when we get a home so I can have dinner parties and entertain - We're obsessed with Property Virgins and I always comment on the kitchen! One of my BMs has a totally killer kitchen that I want SO BADLY!

• edited December 2011
    inarey and Mandah--thank you thank you thank you!! I am so excited to be doing this blog. It is a really fun project. DH is my food photog and beer sommelier and we have a blast together. You ladies should comment on the kitchen post! :-) Its fun getting everyone involved.

and Mandah, we just put an offer on a house, and it was accepted! You should see the kitchen....its everything i wrote about in the blog post and more! unreal. I wrote that post before we saw the house, too, so its really amazing that we found this house with everything in my dream kitchen. I should post photos soon as a blog update :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Spuccio - I totally just added you to my Google Reader and I posted on your blog too! That is so exciting about the offer!! And do post pictures when you can! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Jenvalet- i just checked out your blog and am psyched to see another Wilton cake decorator!  I just finished up level 3, the fondant one, and feel like a budding cake boss!  I took mine at Michael's in Saugus and always had only 5 or 6 people in each class.  You should post pictures of your cakes as you go, the kitty one was so cute :)
  • edited December 2011
    there was the wedding food blog that i saw on the moo site a while ago too.
    http://whattheyfedme.wordpress.com/
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stacey - Been meaning to post last week's cake, but haven't had a chance.  Tonight is the final cake for course 1.  But I'm dreading making the roses!  Seriously, there are way too many people in my class.  By the time the instructor get's everyone situated, half the class is over.  It's kind of frustrating, especially since it costs so much money for all the supplies!  I already signed up for course 2, which starts next week, but I'm going to see how many people are in it.  If it's too many again, I'm going to wait for the next round.

Any pics of your cakes?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards