New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Looking for DJ recommendations

We are having our reception at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel in June and are looking into DJs.  I want to stay around $1000 (give or take a little) if possible.  We are only having about 100 guests, kind of low key, so we don't need anything super fancy, flashy lights, plasma TVs, etc.  If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Looking for DJ recommendations

• Options
    I am going with Music Speaks Volume. There prices were really reasonable and I have heard only but good things about them. Check them out and see what they have to offer. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We really liked Tim Reynolds - his price range is about what you're looking for.  Tim had our guests on the floor all night.  No gimmicky DJ crap - just great tunes all night.  Good communication when it came to the timing of the speeches, cutting the cake, etc. 
  • Options
    I am also really interested in Music Speaks Volumes...he has good prices & he also has a package with Te Cache Photography. That package was too expensive for me but I took some things out of the package to bring the price down & with that package deal..its very reasonable. I haven't booked them yet but I am meeting with them both in April to decide! :)
    The future "Mrs. Hassan"
  • Options
    Dj company in nyack. They also were the most reasonable for lighting.
  • Options
    wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Mike Colvin from Mad Mike and Friends.  He's been doing this for a long time and also DJ's locally around Poughkeepsie.  He used to DJ for PDH.  He's very good and his prices are pretty reasonable.  He books up super early though.
  • Options
    I have DJ Stevie V, from Soundsensational DJ. He is AWESOME. You could PM me if you want his info.

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • Options
    next generation in mahopac!!! love them!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards