New York-Hudson Valley
Options

It's too late, but I'll ask anyway...

Has anyone else used the computer to print the addresses on invitation envelopes??  I'm well aware that wedding etiquitte states they should be done by hand because it adds a more personal feel. Since technology is so widely used I'm sure it's being done more and more. Have any of you girls done this???
For a second I regretted it, but then I realized there's no point because it's too late... we did it today!
Thanks!
Shari

Re: It's too late, but I'll ask anyway...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Staples, and bought clear lables. I printed them all out. Then for the invitations, I'm going to have them printed again. I figure, people only throw away the envelope anyway....
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did!
    I did it for both the outer and the inner envelopes.   They were square envelopes so I cut out some paper in that size to test them.  It went really quickly and easily.
    Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is...I see no problem doing that. 

And, a bunch of people loved the fonts I chose!  That was those were the comments I got anyway
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my invitiation people print my envelopes.  It looked a lot nicer than if I had hand written them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Phew! I'm glad to see other people printed them. I also think it's totally fine, but whenever I read about wedding etiquitte they adivse against it. I'll just stop reading about etiquitte! :)
    My FI suggested it since it would be easier. Since he travels for work and we're apart more than we're together, easier is better right now, especially because he likes to help with every step of the process. His words were... if you hand write them, then I won't get to do anything b/c my handwriting is too sloppy. He's too cute  :)

We used the clear labels for our STD and decided to try something different this time. I think it came out nice and the best part... it's DONE and they don't have to go out until May  :)
    Thanks girls! I feel better already.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We printed the addresses on the envelopes...they looked dandy as candy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our calligrapher was only 1.00 per outer and .25 per inner so we went that route. If it wasn't in the budget, we definitely would have printed right on the envelopes.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had them printed on the envelope.  Not a fan of the clear labels though.
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we printed the addresses on teh envelopes as well. came out really well after a few trial and errors.
  • Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had them printed on by a local company

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the addresses printed on wrap around labels, love the way they look so modern and clean.
    October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards