Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding Venue that lets you bring your own alcohol

Hello,
I am looking for a place that allows you to bring your own alcohol. My friend got married last year at an inn in maine. It allowed her to set up a ten, get her own caterer, and have her own bar. It was right on the ocean and had accomodations for everyone that came to the wedding. They also had a fire pit area. That is exactly what I am looking for, but don't want to copy her exact location.
Does anyone have any ideas. Willing to go anywhere in new england.
Thanks!

Re: Wedding Venue that lets you bring your own alcohol

• You should look up venues in "dry towns" in New England.  They will require you to bring your own alcohol.  I am getting married at Willowdale Estate in Topsfield, and because Topsfield is a dry town, we have to supply our own alcohol.

For Massachusetts, here is a list of dry towns: http://www.mma.org/got-a-question-try-ask-the-mma-quick-links-287/85-dry-towns
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We are doing ours at bourndale function facility...they provide alcohol for 5a hrs during reception but they have a bon fire which we get to bring our own alcohol then breakfast the next morning just another option
  • I think the Needles Lodge at Camp Kiwanee in Hanson allows you to bring in your own alcohol and it is right on a pond. Also because it is located at a camp there are cabins you can rent at a very cheap rate. I attended a wedding there and it was beautiful! Guests loves the wrap around porch and the setting was peaceful!

http://www.campkiwanee.com/rentals/

June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • How many people?  Budget? What are the must haves - you mention waterfront, bringing in liquor/caterer, accomodations, and having a fire. All 4 of those might be a tall order so which are the most important to you?
  • Also, wanted to add that tons of places let you bring your own caterer in and liquor, dry town or not. I went this route thinking it would be cheaper - it's not.
  • Essex Conference Inn and Retreat Center in Essex MA.  Overnight for 42 guests, i think.  Own alcohol, and options for on site rehearsal dinner and morning after brunch.  It seems like a destination wedding where the destination is 1 spot and everything happens there.
  • The Commons in Topsfield requires you buy alcohol from a distributor on consignment.
  • I'm getting married at Camp Kiwanee next year and they don't let you bring in your own alcohol.  I

If you book this venue you are required to go through Bartending Services of NE and they charge you on a consumption basis which can be very expensive...I'm a little worried about it!
  • Hi boudreaubrenda - I was wondering where your friend got married in Maine? That location sounds awesome.. can you please share?

Thanks!
  • where was the place in Maine?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards