New York-Hudson Valley

inexpensive venues needed!

Hello everyone,

I recently got engaged and have been a bit overwhelmed in searching for venues. We need an inexpensive venue and would love somewhere that would allow us to bring our own food rather than using their caterer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Re: inexpensive venues needed!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_inexpensive-venues-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:f66421ea-9103-4ec6-b940-c2baa315589cPost:a3d40690-82ff-4861-9a02-ca0433deae68">inexpensive venues needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone, I recently got engaged and have been a bit overwhelmed in searching for venues. We need an inexpensive venue and would love somewhere that would allow us to bring our own food rather than using their caterer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Posted by algaffney[/QUOTE]

I think Locust Grove charges $2,000 for their venue and you bring your own food along with everything else you need.
  • mansion at colonial terrace is very flexible in its pricing
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_inexpensive-venues-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:f66421ea-9103-4ec6-b940-c2baa315589cPost:a3d40690-82ff-4861-9a02-ca0433deae68">inexpensive venues needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone, I recently got engaged and have been a bit overwhelmed in searching for venues. We need an inexpensive venue and would love somewhere that would allow us to bring our own food rather than using their caterer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Posted by algaffney[/QUOTE]

I'm actually looking for the same thing ! ... have you thought about renting a home they usually run from 1500-3000 for a weekend :-)... I'm looking into that and it seems to be the cheapest way without making it LOOK cheap
  • I got married in Bedford (Westchester) and our reception was at Bedford Historical Hall (about an hour from the city) Rental of the hall was $650 for a weekday and about $1200 for Saturday (I think Sunday was $800.) We used a caterer but they do allow you to bring in your own food (the kitchen cannot be used for actual cooking though.) They are very flexible and easy to work with and the venue itself is very pretty- second floor wrap-around balcony seating, a stage, an outdoor patio area that can be tented lots of windoes and natural and even though it's a historical building it's not musty or "old-smelling" at all. 

I really loved our venue, lol.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Before you do anything and start bringing your own food to a venue....

You should visit Christos http://www.christoscatering.com/

We were very pleased with Christos in Poughkeepsie, and the price was reasonable.  It has a Country Club feel and the food is wonderful. You can negotiate a package that suits your budget and needs.  Chris tells you the price per guest, and that is the price you pay, including cake, table flowers, tax and tip.  Go to Christos!! Tell him Toni told you.. ;o)

Matt & I just had our wedding at Christos 9/23/12. Wow. The place is as immaculate as it is beautiful and elegant. The food was outrageous and bountiful. The filet was scrumptious -- Chris is very personal during the whole night. The grounds are stunning for pictures. The ceremony room needs very little decor since it is surrounded by walls of windows overlooking the lovely golf course. Everyone raved about it the whole night. Bathrooms are very tasteful and clean. The bridal room is spacious and comfortable. Even the cake cart is pretty.  If you are getting married or will be having any kind of event at all... this is the place to have it. So glad I chose Christos... it is truly an anointed place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards