• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Massachusetts-Boston

hawthorne hotel salem ma

anyone have or having their reception here? how is it? worth a look?

Re: hawthorne hotel salem ma

• edited December 2011

We did not end up going with this hotel but we did look at it. It is really neat. Pretty much a hotel ballroom but being in downtown Salem and a little older hotel does give it a different feeling. We went with a smaller venue just down the street in Salem but had I been having a larger amount of guests I might have gone with it. It seems they had some good package deals too. I liked the idea of being somewhere more quaint than the large city of Boston, but also not far away. We've driven up to Salem many times since we reserved our spot and it's always beautiful to walk around.

• Jeannek82Jeannek82 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    The Hawthorne did the catering for my wedding at the Peabody Essex Museum.  The staff is absolutely wonderful and the food is excellent.  Many of our guests are still raving about their meal and the friendly waitstaff at our wedding.  The ballroom is beautiful and the hotel itself is very quaint and "New Englandy." 
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had my bridal shower in the ballroom and it was amazing.  The food was great and the staff was really friendly.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards