Massachusetts-Boston

Spinellis?

Has anyone gotten married or planning to get married at Spinellis in Lynnfield? I'm going to visit there soon to check it out. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or comments on it.

Re: Spinellis?

• nikkidevoenikkidevoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never met anyone who got married at the Lynnfield location but know a few people who've had their reception at the East Boston function hall. I've heard that the reception hall in EB is really nice though.
    I've eaten from there as just a regular customer and their food is awesome. Their desserts are to die for.
    I would definitely say to check it out. At the very least, I know their food is great! Go to the EB location and try some of their food if you haven't.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to the one in EB, I'm from there originally. I still visit there every once in a while. I have actually hosted a party in that room. I threw a surprise party for one of my aunts. I was not happy at all with anything at the location in EB. The food was horrible, things were rushed, the service was horrible, and I didn't really like the  way they did the room. I do feel like the one in Lynnfield is completely different however. I have heard nothing but good/amazing things about the one in Lynnfield. I have also been there once, a long time ago, and the food, location, and room were amazing. So I am hoping that my experience at the one in Lynnfield is going to be a lot better then the one in EB.
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In high school, I had a senior award ceremony or something at the Lynnfield location.  I love their food there.  I remember it being gorgeous and a great night.  My parents get the take out food and bakery items on a weekly basis from the little place attached to it.  We also get all of our graduation and birthday parties and other family gatherings catered from there and it's always delicious and warm.  I hope this helps :)

Anniversary
  • star1126star1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at Spinelli's in about 5 weeks! If I can answer any questions you can private mesage me :-)
  • edited December 2011

I am also having my wedding at Spinellis in Lynnfield in December.  They have many packages and the winter one had a lot included.  It is really pretty.  Depending on how big your wedding is going to be try to check out the upstairs room.  If you are downstairs there could be another party that you have to share a bathroom and main hall with.  I am having it upstairs and feel that it's more private once my guests get up there we have our own little area.  I would be happy to help you out with any questions that you may have!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well I have been looking at their website and at all the menus and packages they have. It just confuses me a little. I'm wondering how much the prices are for the packages. Are they an additional price then what the food is in the package? Also, are they strict with the linens in there packages? For example, I think one of them says you can get white linens, but I was wondering if they let you replace it with a different color and do they charge extra for it?

I am also hoping to have both the ceremony and reception there. Are either of you doing that?
  • star1126star1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Th packages did confuse me at first too. For example theie everlasting menu I think, is an app, salad, the main course w/ veg and potato, cake and a champagne toast. I believe for cocktail hour there is a separate hor d'oeuvre menu. And then there is also the package that includes everything. Its best to give them a call, they were happy to go over pricing with me over the phone.Still havent picked out my linens yet- sorry. There is a separate room that you could rent out to have the ceremony in it or you can have it in your ballroom but I dont remember what the charge for that is. Seriously call them -they are quite helpful.
  • edited December 2011
    My SIL had her bridal shower there and it was great! The food was excellent and the service was too. Also, I believe that the cake is included in the package there.. her cake was sooo beautiful. They do an overall great job there and the space is really pretty!
  • edited December 2011
    Spinelli's is amazing. It's like the go to location for all our family events (EB and Lynnfield, though Lynnfield is MUCH prettier) The packages are absolutely reasonable for the area. You really can't go wrong there. I'm not getting married there just because EVERYONE in my family has had their wedding there and we wanted something a bit different but it is a great spot. They really know what they're doing. Good luck! And be sure to try the ravioli, they're the absolute BEST! lol.
    "I got married in 1968 and EVERYONE only had 1 photographer, I don't know where all this nonsense came from. Who wants two flashes popping all night anyway? and really as long as they get you dancing, kissing, and throwing the bouquet the rest is just fluff." - My mom
  • edited December 2011

I was married at Spinelli's in Lynnfield on June 10.  PM if you want to see pics or ask any questions.

Teresa & Bill June 10, 2011
  • I am thinking about having my wedding at Spinelli's in the upstairs ballroom, but I am concerned about noise from another event on the first floor and potentially getting less service attention since the upstairs ballroom is smaller. Did anyone have any issues with this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards