New York-Hudson Valley
Options

October 2nd- reviews- (Scarsdale)

Will try to be brief- everything worked out WONDERFULLY!

Hair: Salon Perri- Pound Ridge. A+. I had gone for a trial with Linda, she knew what I wanted, very talented. My hair is extremeley curly/ frizzy and she had to flat iron it first- no problem. Came out great and very reasonable price. 

Makeup: Did it myself after going to clinique counter. Awesome!

Dresses: all from David;s Bridal (mine and bridesmaids.)  A. I picked the pewter, which a lot of people loved- very clean and classy. The girls picked their own styles which suited their tastes/ bodies. Worked out perfectly, no problems there.

Alterations: La Robe by Leah in Yonkers.  A+. Amazing- Leah knows what she is doing, and not expensive. She also did my husband's tuxedo shirt.  Very talented, and very nice! I only needed the straps shortened, the hem and the bustle, but she still did a wonderful job.

Flowers: Artistic manner, Pelham. Beautiful. A.  Ronny really works with you to get your personality/ taste. He did come in a bit above budget (we had an extra centerpiece and jr. briddsmaid bouquet that were kind of last minute) but he also made up for it by adding in extras like lining hte aisle with rose petals. His work is incredible- made an arbor, etc. Definitely recommend.

DJ: Joe Shane, All digital mobile music. A+. Joe really works with you to make sure you get what you want. We requested a lot of Spanish music- he knew and played it all, also knew exactly how to get people dancing. Not intrusive at all, either. Definitely recommend, very professional. Not the cheapest, but soooo worth it for an excellent time.

Venue: Scardale Women's club. A+. Beautiful place, everthing is right there. We got married on the lawn, cocktail hour on the patio, reception inside. everyone commented on how nice it was to NOT be in a wedding palace type place. Really beautiful house.

Catering: Jean Jacques Colonial Caterers. A++++++. I can't even begin to describe how great they are. They basically handle all the site stuff, which was such a relief. You are assigned a point person, but I also could just call the admin at the office, Lisa, and she was always so nice and helpful. Jan Jacques is super experienced and it showed- not to mention the food was great, service was great, etc. If you sign with them, you are in really good hands.

Cake: Homstyle Bakery, Peekskill. A. Free with catering. Kind of out of the way (for me) but worth it. This is not a "fancy" wedding place, but Rose knows what she is doing, and the cake is most importantly, delicious. I also wanted pewter ribbon, which she didn't have. I just ordered it online, sent it to her, and voila, she used it. very easy.

Photographer: John Raiola. Not grading yet (don't have proofs back!) but so far everything with him was great. he is very nice, professional, enthusiastic. etc.  he brings an asst so that you are completely covered in terms of getting pics. Can't wait to see my pics though.

Other than that.. can't think of anything else.... it was all wonderful.. not to say that there weren't some mishaps because there were, but you just have to roll with it. My advice is to pick good vendors who you trust, it makes such a difference in the end. If anyone has questions or wants to know pricing, send me an email at pollyguts@yahoo.com. 

Re: October 2nd- reviews- (Scarsdale)

• Options
    Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had my ceremony and reception at the Scarsdale Women's Club also! I loved the venue and caterer and so did my guests. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful day!

By any chance are you planning on sharing pictures? I would love to see someone else's vision for that venue- since it was so unique.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great day!

We also had Jean Jacques as the caterer at our venue  (Putnam National Golf Club) and I completely agree, they did an excellent job! The food was amazing!

And so was our Homestyle wedding day cake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards