Massachusetts-Boston
Options

vendor reviews for North Shore area (long)

All of our vendors were fabulous and withing our $10,000 budget.  Please feel free to ask for additional information.

Venue – Groveland Fairways (On-Site Coordinator: Liz Croteau)

The venue was beautiful.  We had our ceremony on site in the small function room in front of a fireplace, and the reception was in the ballroom.  They also have an outdoor ceremony area that is very open.  Liz was fantastic.  She answered all of our questions in a timely fashion, and she organized our rehearsal and decorated the venue with the decorations we provided.  We highly recommend the venue.

Caterer – Cloverleaf Catering (Owner: Penny Williams)

The food was delicious.  Our guests are still talking about how great everything was.  We had a buffet dinner, and our guests were impressed that the line moved very quickly because there were plenty of servers.  One of our choices was prime rib, and every single person said it was perfectly cooked.  Penny is very easy to work with, and we highly recommend the company.

DJ – Jeremy Guilbeault from Get Down Tonight Entertainment

Jeremy did a great job of meeting our guests’ requests and reading the crowd to choose songs to play.  He introduced the wedding party, first dance, cake cutting and parent/child dances, but he was quiet other than that.  I have been at weddings where the DJ takes over, so we were very pleased that he struck a good balance between MCing and just playing music.  He was easy to work with, and we highly recommend him.

Photographer – David LaChapelle of Amore Photography

We only wanted photo coverage of the ceremony with some formal pictures before and after the ceremony and a DVD of the images as opposed to albums, and David cheerfully accepted the job.  David and his assistant Heather made the picture portion fun for everyone, and they had a lot of great ideas for pictures.  They also took a picture of the people at each table, which we did not expect but very much appreciated.  We received the DVD with our pictures about two weeks after the wedding.  We highly recommend David and Heather.

Cake – Eat Cake (Owner: Hilary Larson)

We ordered a three-tier cake to feed about thirty people, and it was heavenly.  When my husband fed me my bite during the cake-cutting, I seriously wanted to ask for another bite before feeding him his…it was that good.  Hilary was personable and easy to work with, and we highly recommend paying her a visit if you need a bakery for any occasion.

Flowers – Danielle’s Designs

I only wanted bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids, and Danielle was happy to oblige the request.  The flowers were beautiful and lasted for about a week after the wedding in a vase with water.  Danielle was great to work with, and we highly recommend her.

Hair – Amelia’s Salon (Stylists: Erin, Melissa, Sarah, Amelia)

We had a great time at the salon and everyone loved their hairstyle.  We got our hair done in the morning, and everyone still looked great for the evening wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards