Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Portuguese DJs???

Hi Ladies -

I apologize to those of you who saw this question in my other post the other day but wanted to call attention in case someone knows a good Portuguese DJ and didn't look at the post.

FI's family is Portuguese (I am not) and we want someone who speaks both English and Portuguese, and can play some Portuguese songs at the reception (and is affordable). 

I have already contacted on DJ out of New Bedford named Chris from Sound Xplosion (thanks to a reply to my other post), but was hoping to talk to a few to compare prices and offerings etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Portuguese DJs???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ Victor from Party Time is Portuguese but I am not sure if he speaks it fluently or not. It's worth a shot!
    http://www.partytimedjsandvideo.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mom and DAd are both Portuguese and I know they are having a portuguese DJ at their 25th anniversary party in September, but she doesn't know if he does/has done weddings before.....he works for a portuguese radio station and he also play's sometimes at the Portuguese club my parents are members of. I know the club they go to has some other DJ's sometimes too...

You can try giving him a call and ask if he does weddings....
    Michael (don't know his last name) 978-202-8219

My other suggestion is to look for DJ's in Lowell, Cambridge, Somerville....I don't know where you are having your reception but those are all local to Boston at least

Another suggestion could be to try contacting Portuguese clubs I know my parents are members of 2 in Lowell, and I am sure there are plenty in Cambridge/Somerville. They tend to have live entertainment or DJ's and such.

...and I hope you know what I mean by Portuguese clubs...if not I can clarify that for you....

Hope this helps!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hunniapplehunniapple member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys! Yes I do know about Portuguese clubs - we're actually having the reception at one! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard Victor from Party Time for Portuguese weddings. Myfiance is Portuguese also and we will have some Portuguese music played. We are using Nuimage and Peter mentioned he's done a ton of Portugese weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards