Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Small Venue for 50 People..

Hi all, I'm planning an August 2013 wedding and looking for a small space for about 50 people. I tried most the ones I can think of, but they require a 125 person minimum.
I'm looking for something on the Northshore area, not hotels unless there's something decent that I'm not seeing.
Also we will be having a sit down dinner, Saturday wedding. Ceremony space is optional, not decided if we want to do a church ceremony or not. Good food is a must.
So far the only place I can find and like is Tewksbury Country Club. They have a small room that would work and the grounds are beautiful. My only issue is that they would be having another wedding in the ballroom and cocktail hour in the Cypress room. So I kinda feel like they would be more attentive to the other bride. She would get the room to get dressed in, etc. I can understand she'll been spending way more money, but just don't want to share my day. KWIM?
 My budget for the venue/food is about 4-5k for 50 people..that's not including my budget for everything else.

things I'm looking for:
Northshore
Indoor -no tent
Venue for 50 people
Good Food/ Sit Down Dinner
Nice grounds for pictures
Saturday Wedding/August
Dance floor
Ceremony space optional
Preferable one wedding that day.

Thanks everyone, it's tough trying to find space for a small wedding. We have been together a long long time and really don't even have 100+ people we talk to or care to invite. Wink

Re: Small Venue for 50 People..

• Options
    Have you looked at Andover Inn? Their indoor ballroom can only accommodate 50, but they do have an outdoor tent for outdoor weddings. It is on the campus of Philips Academy, which has beautfiul scenery and great photo ops all over the campus!! Their food is magnificent!! 
  • Options
    43 church in salem is rustic and beautiful..... Good. Price just too small for us or we would be having ours there. Good luck!
  • Options
    Glen Magna Farms in Danvers.  We had 65 guests for our reception there in June and it is stunning!  There is no guest minimum, and the house and the grounds are gorgeous!  Their main dining room seats a max of 60 which would be prefect for your size group.  They only host one wedding per day and Heather the coordinator is great to work with.  We are still getting compliments on our venue from guests.  Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    Samantha3434Samantha3434 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_small-venue-for-50-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:d01d69e9-9ea1-42c5-bf16-60177e64eec0Post:351c21c8-5676-4dd6-8284-7b33231a58f2">Re: Small Venue for 50 People..</a>:
    [QUOTE]43 church in salem is rustic and beautiful..... Good. Price just too small for us or we would be having ours there. Good luck!
    Posted by 1mobags[/QUOTE]
    <div>thanks, I will check that one out.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_small-venue-for-50-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:d01d69e9-9ea1-42c5-bf16-60177e64eec0Post:0128c4d5-fe29-43a4-b140-a2e6bf7e14dd">Re: Small Venue for 50 People..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glen Magna Farms in Danvers.  We had 65 guests for our reception there in June and it is stunning!  There is no guest minimum, and the house and the grounds are gorgeous!  Their main dining room seats a max of 60 which would be prefect for your size group.  They only host one wedding per day and Heather the coordinator is great to work with.  We are still getting compliments on our venue from guests.  Good luck with your search!
    Posted by soon2bmrs.m-lo[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, I thought about them but wasn't sure if it would be good for small amount of people. I will defintely give them a call and go look. :)</div>
  • Options
    Not really North Shore, but we are getting married at the Museum of Science next weeked. we also have 50 people and are having both the ceremony and reception on their top floor which has a panoramic view of Boston. The price for everything was very reasonable and there is no food or drink minimum. Plus, the catering manager and event manager (cheryl and keith) are awesome beyond words :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Samantha3434Samantha3434 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_small-venue-for-50-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:d01d69e9-9ea1-42c5-bf16-60177e64eec0Post:723daf55-c7b8-4a2f-85b1-f54f5e10a16e">Re: Small Venue for 50 People..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not really North Shore, but we are getting married at the Museum of Science next weeked. we also have 50 people and are having both the ceremony and reception on their top floor which has a panoramic view of Boston. The price for everything was very reasonable and there is no food or drink minimum. Plus, the catering manager and event manager (cheryl and keith) are awesome beyond words :)
    Posted by futuremrsbillyo[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, unfortunately that's going to be too far for us to try and get too. And as much as I love Boston, the last thing I want on my wedding day is to be driving in Boston traffic..LOL. Also if we do decide to have a church wedding it would be here on the North Shore.<div>I'm ready to just elope..;)</div><div>
    </div><div>Congrats, and hope you have a beautiful time next weekend. I have heard great things about the museum weddings in Boston, so pretty. </div>
  • Options
    We are getting married at Tewksbury CC and our guest count is about 50 too. We're having our ceremony, cocktail hour and recption in the Cypress Room. Our wedding is on a Sunday in April and they won't schedule another wedding the same day. Please let me know if you have any questions about having a small wedding there. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_small-venue-for-50-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:d01d69e9-9ea1-42c5-bf16-60177e64eec0Post:9badfe35-0fa6-41bd-b5e3-838cf36785b4">Re: Small Venue for 50 People..</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at Tewksbury CC and our guest count is about 50 too. We're having our ceremony, cocktail hour and recption in the Cypress Room. Our wedding is on a Sunday in April and they won't schedule another wedding the same day. Please let me know if you have any questions about having a small wedding there. 
    Posted by 1styrteacher[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, yea they said I could use the Andreas room, because they use the Ballroom and the Cypress room for Saturday night/Summer weddings. We're planning on a Saturday/Summer wedding, so they will be having 2 weddings.</div><div>I'm going to check the place out this weekend. But they still have the best venue for my situation.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards