New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Opinions on Highlands and Round Hill (NY State)

Hello!  We've narrowed down our location search to Highlands County Club (Garrison, NY) and Round Hill (Washingtonville, NY) and need to make a decision soon. I f anyone has considered, or attended, a wedding at either of these locations, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!  

Re: Opinions on Highlands and Round Hill (NY State)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hi!! I have never been to Highlands Country Club so I can't compare but my sisters wedding was (and mine will be come this November) at RHH in Washingtonville.

It is a beautiful reception site and the staff is incredible, the food is amazing!! What time of year are you thinking? Their grounds are always gorgeous anyway. They have been great with any questions we ever had, before and after booking our date. My sisters wedding was in 2006 and she still hears about how good the food was! My BIL insisted on attending a tasting with us so he could eat more lol. Any questions let me know!! good luck!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception will be at Highlands and its lovely. The room is beautiful and the staff is great. The food is delicious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never beeen to Highlands, but I'm getting married a Round Hill (in 19 days!). I've heard only good things about it, and everyone I've brought with me to the tastings has really loved the food. Plus, the whole house is so dang pretty ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you for the response - we just went to an RH tasting this past weekend and were very happy. Did you also get hotel rooms for yourself and guests nearby? If so, where would you recommend?  

Thanks again and best wishes - have a spectacular day!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks elopez - I think Highlands is our first choice at this point!   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For hotel we booked a block of rooms at Courtyard Marriott in Middletown and are getting a shuttle for guests, most ppl but my immediate family and one BM are OOT
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using the same hotel as Manda, as well as the Microtel in that's literally in the same parking lot as the Marriot (it's a cheaper option). We're also getting a shuttle bus .... maybe 2!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking at Round Hill. After searching different places, this seems to be the nicest venue. I know a lot of people who had wedding there and they all loved it- also people who have gone to a wedding there have said it is phenomenal from the atmosphere to the food.
    Tracey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jen - two shuttle buses! I will just make mine do two rounds lol

I thought about blocking some at Micro also - but I have been lazy and didn't want to make more calls :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVED ROUND HILLL!!!!! Grounds were beautiful, the room was such a nice set up, the only problem was it is an hour away from all of my guests. It it still in the running, but not as high on my list cause it is so far. pity it isn't closer cause it would have already been booked!

p.s. GORGEOUS DRESS!!! =)
  • Options
    cbmurray24cbmurray24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

For those of you who are using the Marriott Courtyard in Middletown, which shuttle bus company are you using?

So excited for Round Hill -- the food is fabulous and everyone there seems very accomodating and super nice.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Leprachaun Lines -- they had the best rates. We got two 55(?)-passenger busses (or whatever the size of the big-arse busses are). Our whole experience with them was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards