Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Caterers for Gloucester

Hi all, 
My fiance and I have been looking into caterers for our wedding reception in Gloucester. So far, we have been recommended 3 catering services by our vendor. Anyone have experience with the following caterers: Periwinkles Catering, Vinwood Caterers, or Creative Catering?  Or have suggestions for catering in the North Shore area?
Thanks in Advance!
AnnaMaria

Re: Caterers for Gloucester

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Creative Catering for our wedding next year. We went to a taste testing and the food was very good and they are very flexible and willing to let you make up your own menu.
  • Options
    michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Affairs Catering who is based in Rowley, I am having my wedding at Groveland Fairways and he came as a preferred vendor.  He has been amazing to work with and very down to earth.  He has been in the business many years and is based out of the Rowley Country Club which has been renamed to something else, he is always available to answer our questions and always gets back to you when he says he will. He has been extremely accomodating in the planning phases as I have a lot of family allergies that I need to make sure are dealt with properly.  He is also very reasonably priced. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Vinwood. I have tried the food and know many other people that have been to functions with their catering and everyone has said the food is excellent. I went back and forth with them via email several times about menu options and they were very friendly and accomodating every single time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Vinwood. I went to wedding that I'm pretty sure they did and it was excellent!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vinwood, would be my choice as well.  They are amazing.  The wedding I went to in May, used them and they worked with them on keeping the cost down and to be perfectly honest I would have thought they paid a lot more the food was so good.

The only thing I did not like was that it was a buffet but that's just me.  I'd rather plated or family style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Creative Catering for my wedding next May, they have been great so far and their food was great at their tasting.  Vinwood was recommended to us too use but they don't offer a tasting so we passed on them.  I couldn't book a caterer without trying their food myself.
  • Options
    dbridbri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is your wedding going to be at the Elks in Gloucester? Because all these people were on the list for their preferred caterers. Vinwood was AWFUL. I told them my budget and they would not accomodate me at all. Same for Harvest, only not as bad. I am trying to get quotes from periwinkles, & creative, but they haven't responded yet.

Can I ask what people are paying per head? I am trying to get a brunch at $20 per person.... which I dont' think is unreasonable at all- it isn't dinner for heavens sake.
  • Options
    michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Affairs Catering, my wedding is going to be at Groveland Fairways so I'm not sure if the pricing is any different.  I had the same experience with Vinwood, I also have several severe food allergies that I want to make sure could be taken care of without making these people bring their own food.  I am paying about $50 per head, this includes 4-5 hor d'overs and a cheese platter per person and a choice of either filet mignon or stuffed chicken.  I quickly looked at his website, it doesn't say anything about brunch but definitely call him.  He was extremely accomodating and amazing, he has the whole wedding mapped out to the minute already in 1 meeting, I think he would be able to work with you at least.  I'm not sure if he is a preferred vendor either for Elks or if that matters.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, our wedding is at the Elks so we've just been going through their preferred vendors list. I've heard back from Periwinkles and Creative however since we are having trouble booking a meeting during the week (due to our own schedules) we have decided to wait until the fall to try to do some group tastings. Periwinkles was very nice and seemed to be able to accommodate pretty much anything-- we were a little worried about their experience and quality since I believe it actually is a small sandwich/sub shop which then went into the catering business but we are still going to do a tasting and let their food speak for itself!
    AnnaMaria
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards