Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Photographer

Can anyone recommend someone?  We are looking to spend $1000-$1500 on photography.  Musts include 7 hours of coverage and all rights to the images following the wedding.  We don't care to have an album at the end of it all just as long as we have a DVD with the images.  We want someone who we can trust to show up on time and get the job done, so if we have to pay more to get someone we can rely on, we're open to that... We'd just like to make sure that we made every effort to find someone less expensive first!

Any recommendations?

Re: Photographer

• Options
    Check out Iris leaf photography. That's who I'm going with. Hannah has been great to deal with so far.

irisleafphotography.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    I highly recommend our photographer:

http://www.imcreativephotography.com

Her work is great, and she fits all of your requirements.  Definitely check her out!
  • Options
    I absolutley LOVE my photographer - Berryphotos.  They're amazing and get a ton of really artistic and fun shots.  They have no time limits and you get the rights to every image.  Their website is www.berryphotos.com  
  • Options
    Please consider Nancy Stronach! www.nancystronach.blogspot.com She fits your description and did amazing work on my engagement photos! Her price includes an engagement shoot too!
  • Options
    Our photography does everything you listed. He is $1500 for a full 8 hour day. You have all the rights to your imagines, which he puts onto a CD for you in a really ncie leather bound case and he also give you all your images in color and in black and white. His name is WIll and he was amazing to work with.

www.shuttereyesphotography.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we used john loconte from www.johnlophoto.com and he was fantastic. prices are in your range and his work is gorgeous imho. he just won the best of the knot award.

hth :)
  • Options
    Portrait New England was recommended to me and so I have been passing on the recs myself. They have been great to work with so far- always get back to me very promptly- and I have only ever seen/heard good things about them. They are also extremely reasonable.
  • Options
    We are using John Loconte as well, and love him.  His prices are right in your range as well.
  • Options
    I believe the photographer we're using will be in your price range. She's been wonderful to work with so far, we'll be getting married in April. Her contact is:

darry.madden (at)   gmail.com

I absolutely loved her style and eye for art, that of course is a very personal thing and you may feel differently from everyone on this board. Here is her wordpress page, it has a few of the weddings on it that she's done.

http://darrymadden.wordpress.com/

Good luck!
  • Options
    Yet another for Berryphotos.  They've done all my friends and families events for years and have always been spot-on.  They're fun, laid back and comfortable to work with.  They've always been really responsive, fair and transparent in all our dealings with them over the years.  Their work really is breath-taking too and as pp stated, you do get a ton for a very reasonable price.  Chaulk me up as another for www.berryphotos.com
  • Options
    I used Portrait New England too! They were great- a very talented couple. They got the best candid pictures of my family members. I still get tons of compliments on my pictures and my wedding was over a year ago.
    www.portraitnewengland.com
  • Options
    I'm also using Portrait New Englamd! When we met with them we felt so comfortable! We will be doing our engagement session this spring!
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    WE used Marcia Toto form Groove entertainment ,lexington,ma. She was amazing and reliable. We paid about that but less hours and she gave us all rights to our photos. We actually hired all three dj,photos,video through them and got a better deal because we used all three from their company. She was so amazing I would recommend to my friends and family.
  • Options
    I would recommend portrait new england as well...i just booked them last night. They have gotten back to me so quickly with questions.  They were right in my budget and just like you I wanted the rights to the photos which they had given me and included an egagement session as well...def worth looking into.  good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards