Massachusetts-Boston

Venue Hunt

So my FI and I have looked at so many venues and still have not found 'the one' that we love. I just came across the Cafe Escadrille, and Smith Barn in Peabody Ma. We are looking for a rustic/historic place for our wedding. Any reviews on those two or know of any other ones? We would love to kewep it (menaing the venue - food - drinks) under $15,000.

THanks!

Re: Venue Hunt

• edited December 2011
    We got married at the Escadrille in December. LOVED it. The food was great, the service was amazing. How many people are you considering? The 15k might be hard if you have a huge guest list. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I also can get you some pictures if you'd like.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Harrington Farm last September. Beautiful venue, rustic, romantic (our wedding was rustic, romantic, vintage themed). It's a country farm house, the main room is all wood beam ceiling and then out to a flagstone patio. We paid about that much for 120 people open bar. The food there is some of the best I've tasted at a wedding (it's a small restaurant also) and the views are amazing on top of Mt Wachusett.
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Groveland Fairways next July and using one of their caterers and keeping it below $10k for 150 people.  They have been so nice to deal with and very reasonably priced.  You also get the entire grounds for the day and the owners and wedding coordinator have been extremely nice. 

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Blissful Meadows in Uxbridge, MA a historic (and restored) Victorian barn.  It is on a golf course, you can have a ceremony outdoors by the gazebo. 

Their menu pricing is realistic and you could absolutely have a wedding with your budget. 

The wedding coordinators and staff are wonderful to work with and go the extra mile for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 image Invited guests
    73image Will be celebrating with us!
    81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
    3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Harrington Farm in Princeton, MA next month.
    They might be exactly what you are looking for.
    Vacation Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • cinderellasjccinderellasjc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    keep looking..... when you walk into the perfect one you will know right away!!!!  I had mine narrowed down to two, and then went to a new one to check it out.  When I walked in I instantly knew it was the perfect place.  You will Too!! Good Luck!
  • TheSlowskysTheSlowskys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Cafe Escadrille a couple months ago.  It definitely isn't rustic - the inside was more standard ballroom/country club feel (no windows).  That said, it was a very nice wedding and all the food and drinks were very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards