Massachusetts-Boston

Need a New Venue - November 3rd, 2012

Hi Knotties - My venue just informed me that their landlord is not renewing their lease, and all events after September will be cancelled.  At least I had not made many other firm arrangements and should be able to get all deposits back.  So we're back to the drawing board on looking for a venue for Saturday November 3rd, 2012.  We'd like to keep it north of Boston/north shore/Merrimack Valley area.
If anyone has come across any venues in this area with this 11/3/12 date open, I would be greatly appreciative to hear about it!
Thanks!

Re: Need a New Venue - November 3rd, 2012

• I would talk to Groveland Fairways.  Not sure if they are already booked but they were reasonably priced for the area.

Anniversary
  • That's so frustrating.    We had to move our wedding once for family reasons.  We lost a few deposits (rentals and caterer) but some of our vendors were super kind about it (photographer and florist).

What kind of venue are you looking for?

• We're looking for something kind of unique I guess, not crazy about most of the hotels /country clubs we've seen.  What we did have was a loft style venue; brick walls, hardwood floors.  When you changed venues did you feel like you were starting from scratch?  That's how I feel!  It's like the venue dictates the whole the day!
  •  If your not too far from it, Salvatores in Lawrence seems to fit your desire. Great brick walls, nice floors, riverviews, plenty of parking, great food. Best of Luck!
  • We're using The Old Town Hall in Salem, MA.  It's right in downtown.  You would have to bring in all your own caterer, booze, some rentals etc - but the price is right and the building is really great.

• Try epicenter in Boston , great hidden empty space! U can creat anything in there! Let me know what you r thing about that place! Good luck !
  • What a bummer :( If you're willing to NH, Fratellos in Manch sounds like it would be a good fit-- it has the same feel with brick walls and whatnot. The only thing with them is that you can't have your ceremony on site, I do believe. The food is sooo good though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards