Massachusetts-Boston

1 Photographer or 2

Hi Ladies - I live in MA but my wedding is in NH.  I posted this question on the NH bored but wanted to get some more opinions.

I've started the process of meeting with photographers and have noticed that some have an assistant and some shoot alone.  Part of me thinks one is enough as our wedding only has about 75 people and the other part of me thinks I need 2 so I don't miss anything. 

Did you have 1 or 2 photographers?  And if you had only 1, do you feel like you missed out on some good shots?

Also, any feedback on Berry Photos or Cregg Annarino would be great!

THANK YOU!!

Re: 1 Photographer or 2

• Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend 2 only because even with 75 guests, there is a lot going on and you don't want anything missed! Like when you and your FI are doing formal or BP photos, a second shooter can capture your guests mingling at cocktail hour, reception details, etc. 

I don't have personal experience with either of those photographers, but my girlfriend used Berry last year and her pics came out great! I know he gets a lot of great reviews on here. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're only having one.  We're expecting between 150-180 guests, but we'll be taking wedding party pictures before the ceremony and there's a short gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour.  Since we'll be attending cocktail hour, nothing should be missed.  In an ideal world, I'd love to have a second shooter capturing different angles, etc., but that would have been another $500 we couldn't afford.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding will be about the same size as yours, and we're having 1 photographer. Like pp we're doing all the formal shots before the ceremony and attending the cocktail hour. Also, I'm trying to remind myself what while we're hiring a photographer to record the day, there's just no way to document every single moment. We'll also probably get some great candids from friends and family members after the fact.
  • edited December 2011
    I only had 1 photographer and I really wish we had 2.  I feel like alot of things got missed.  We did not get 1 pic of our cocktail hour...I really wish we had since we customized it so much. 

Overall I feel like we did not get enough pics but, that might of been because we had a really bad photographer....
  • jay10jay10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think we will go with just one....the videographer should get a lot of the cocktail hour with ppl talking etc ....i know photogrpahy is important but as long as I have a nice album and one or two nice framed ones on my wall to look at I think I will be happy!
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to have about 100 guests and we are having two.  We didn't set out looking for 2 photographers, but rather we were pleasantly surprised when we contacted a photographer and turns out that he works with a 2nd photographer and that's included in the package.  After that, we realized that we could get 2 photographers for our modest budget and we started to prefer it, because like pps said, why not so you won't miss anything! :)

As for Berry, we didn't end up with him, but he was soooo nice and personable.  He was the most organized and most helpful out of the ones we met with.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I'm using Berry Photos and am having 2 photographers.  We are having a very large wedding (about 375) and knew we wanted to have 2 photographers so we get pics of the whole group and that would be really hard with just one.  I think with 75 you would be ok with just one, but like the pp's said you won't get much of your cocktail hour if that is when you are taking formals. 

Keith is amazing!  He did my e-pics in Fenway and I loved them!  CHeck out his facebook page to check out more of his work, he's fantastic and the work I've seen from Heidi (his assistant) is great as well.  You won't be sorry if you go with him! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 2 and it was a great to get things from different angles.  Plus, we had one with me getting ready, and one with MH getting ready. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

I'm using Keith Berry this Saturday!!  He does get great reviews, and i will be writing them after my wedding.
    We are going with one photographer, so hopefully we'll be happy with that.

• edited December 2011
    I had one photographer, but wish I had two. Guest list size of 65. It was not possible for one person to be in multiple places to capture everything that was important to me. Fortunately my sister took a lot of photos to fill in some gaps!
  • edited December 2011
    I had 1 but really really really wished I had 2, no matter how many pics you get in before the ceremony there is still just too much for 1 photographer to get.
    It totally would have been worth the $$ to me.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely go with 2...
    I don't know about those photographers, but from my experience- some places don't charge extra for a second shooter because it is considered necessary. I liked that about our photographer: portraitnewengland.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards