Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Make-up recs?

Im 3.5 weeks out and still need a make-up artist.

Any recs? 
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Make-up recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Special Event Beauty. I really liked working with the whole team (Kim, Noel, Kerry, and Rachel). Their prices are really reasonable and everyone who had hair and makeup done loved how they looked... and everything lasted all night!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Girly Junk, and I highly recommend them.  Pics and review in bio

http://www.girlyjunk.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used Special Event Beauty and was very happy with them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a consult with Brea from Makeup by Brea in a couple weeks. I have heard great things about her and so far she seems really nice. Her prices are good as well. Check her out!

One more thing...I LOVE your cake in your siggy pic. Where did you get it from?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also worked with Special Event Beauty (Kerry and Marianne). They did an awesome job on everyone. I would highly recommend them and their prices are good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    njlfrednjlfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Ann Marie Kett - 508 340 2624.  She did a great job and I loved working with her.  Prices are good, definitely recommend.
  • Options
    dovesweet07dovesweet07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Brea from Makeup by Brea. She was great! All of my ladies looked wonderful. She was a joy to have as part of my wedding day. She even handled my momzilla really well. They were having some miscommunication issues regarding her makeup and she was really professional about it and worked to get everyone done on time. I would definitely recommend her! She also had some really helpful items with her like ipod speakers and a steamer, which both came in handy during the day. Definitely check her out!
  • Options
    chubbybunnychubbybunny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Caitlin Murphy is incredible. I don't know if she'll have availability on that short notice but it's worth a shot. http://caitlinmurphystylist.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Dani Wagener and she was wonderful.  Our venue was late opening up for us to get ready, so she started half an hour behind schedule and still managed to get me in my dress early so I could enjoy myself more.  She also did a great job of covering the ezcema outbreak I got due to the stress of the week.  You couldn't see it at all.  My bridesmaids loved her too
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_up-recs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:f2215231-4a9c-4d6b-b6b4-fb48c73d331aPost:953b9125-a91a-4f30-8e11-27c45edb28ca">Re: Make-up recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a consult with Brea from Makeup by Brea in a couple weeks. I have heard great things about her and so far she seems really nice. Her prices are good as well. Check her out! One more thing...I LOVE your cake in your siggy pic. Where did you get it from?
    Posted by LyssaBella[/QUOTE]

My FMIL got it for the shower.  I guess she got it at Wilsons Farm in Lexington.  I had no idea they did cakes that that.  Its was delicious.  Chocolate cake with a raspberry buttercream filling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW I had NO idea Wilsons did cakes like that either!  I will have to tell my mom as she and my dad go there often for fruits and veggies. Thanks!
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_up-recs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:f2215231-4a9c-4d6b-b6b4-fb48c73d331aPost:f92ea1c4-ab38-4179-bb3e-641af94b9d19">Re: Make-up recs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW I had NO idea Wilsons did cakes like that either!  I will have to tell my mom as she and my dad go there often for fruits and veggies. Thanks!
    Posted by LyssaBella[/QUOTE]

I live right down the street from there and go all the time.  I love that place.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blueeyed - I'm using facesbyrobin.  I had a trial with Brea and really liked it; I would recommend her but I meshed with Robin better.  Also, I can't believe you live in Lexington - I do too! Just moved there last summer so still discovering things - we use to live in Newton so I miss breakfast at Cabots - any recs for breakfast in Lexington?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards