Massachusetts-Boston

Need a good DJ for a decent price

I spoke with one DJ today and the price was $1400 for ceremony & reception - 5 hours
I was shocked it was so much, guess it's different in different parts of the country.  Can anyone recommend a DJ who is good (doesn't have to be the best) but is reasonably priced?
Thanks!

Re: Need a good DJ for a decent price

• Mine actually comes with a package from my vendor but I did call one company just to find out if I was getting a good price.  They quoted me at $2500 to start at with a "few" uplights.  So I think $1400 is pretty good!  I am sure you could get a better deal by going directly to a person instead of going through a company. It would probably cut the cost in half.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • I was surprised to see how DJ prices could vary.  We are going with Bellaire Music (Rick) and I think he is $800 for 6 hours (includes ceremony at same venue).  He seems to get really good reviews, but I can't tell you too much since our wedding is this fall.
  • We're using a DJ that our friends used for their wedding. He was great and we're so excited to use him for ours. His name is David Abbott from New England DJs. We got the referral rate of $895 plus we paid in full so we got $100 off. So for our ceremony, cocktail hour & reception (6 hours total) he's $795. He also does all of the set up/breakdown on his own time so we don't get charged for it. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • $1,400 for 5 hours doesn't seem too bad. We are using DJ Shyne from ECF Entertainment and we are paying $1,000 for 4 hours (we are having a musician for cocktail hour). I think the cheapest DJ I've found was about $800 for 4 hours, but we've decided $200 is not that big of a difference so it's better to have someone who's received a lot of good reviews on different boards and who's been in business for a while.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try one of these 3:

Great Guys

www.djkendrew.com - Ken Drew

Alfred Travieso Jr.  www.djsoundforce.com

www.steeleshane.com- Steele Shane
  • I know John Christoferi in Brockton has received good reviews on here. We met with him and he was $850 for 5 hours. We ended up going with a DJ in our package but definitely check him out for the price!
  • I used Bill Bibeau from Rhythm Express in RI.  He was $900 for 7 hours.  He was awesome, kept the day moving, was a great MC, and very very organized! Loved him!
  • I would second John Cristoferi.  We used him for our wedding last year.  He was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards